Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 12/19/2003 11:31:43 AM EDT
Anyone try one of these on your .50bmg?  What are your impressions?  

Here are the specs:

An amazing 75mm objective lens provides the user with the brightest image available in a daytime scope. Includes 6 interchangeable cams (Caliber's .22-250, .308, 30-. 06, .243 Win, 7 mm Mag, .300 Win Mag, .50 BMG) and 1 set of 30mm steel rings. The 8-24x75 is the Ultimate Varmint/Target or long range tactical scope.  ATN Rifle Scope - 8-24x75.

Includes:
-Interchangeable Cams
-Instruction Manual
-One Lithium Battery
-30mm Rings

SPECS:
-Magnification: 8-24x
-Objective diameter: 75 mm
-Mounting: 30 mm Rings (included)
-Bullet drop calibers: 6cams included with each LU model .22-250,.308,30-.06,.243 Win, 7mm Mag,.300 Win mag, .50 BMG
-Rangefinding: 1000 yds
-Illuminated reticle: Yes
-Length: 13"
-Eye relief: 3.5"
-Power source: 3v (CR2432) included
-Battery life: 100 hours
-Sun shade: Yes(38 mm)
-Adjustment: windage and elevation at 100 yds 1click=1/8 MOA

Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Save your money! ATN should be POS, save your money and buy a scope from a company that stands behind it's product.

The biggest laugh I got was from an article written by some guy in VHP magazine about the ATN scopes. He was going to mount one on his .50 and try it out. Guess he wasn't following VHP's three part story on scoping the .50, the ATN scope they had died.

There's numerous posts on Biggerhammer about ATN scopes and how bad they are. Search the archives there and you'll find all the info you'll need.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never personally had one, but they seemed so fake, I never have had the guts to try one.  From what 50_shooter said, it sounds like that's about the way it is.  It just seems like these companies that come out with these scopes with AMAZING magnifications, objective sizes,  are pulling the emphasis from quality and the things that matter in a scope, and fill them with more gadgets and junk.  I remember, i used to wonder why people paid big bucks for these 3-9 leupolds when you could get a 8-32 "World Class" tasco for SO much less.  Well....

Happy Holidays to All!

Gundraw
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:54:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I will have to keep everyone informed as to the ATN... I recently purchased a Grizzly with it onboard... and didnt pay anything for the optics from a fellow local dealer. He shoots 50s himself and said he hasnt personally seen any problems with the ATNs... understandably a lot of people wont like them right off since they are of Russian manufacture and getting parts or repair might be a little hard pressed. As winter is here right now I am biding my time for a warm day to get to the range, and as soon as it gets shot I will give you a no-holds barred account as to what I think about the optic.

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
My friend had an ATN on his AR-15.  The reticle started rotating after 10 shots.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I haveone sitting right here in the box next to me. I have sent it off to ATN about 5 times. After about 10 shots or so contamination begins to pepper the optical plane the reticule is located on. Each time I send it back (at great cost of shipping and insurance, they try to hand me some bull about how "special forces guy" use it and they never have this problem on thier 50's and what is it that "I" am doing to cause this. nothing but shooting. The other problem I have is that when mounted it is nearly at the extreme of adjustment in windage to the right to even get on paper at 100 yards. Im going to change the turret to the 308 and mount it on my G3. I just got my article from VHP magazine done by the guys at the FCSA and will be trying a scope from that list next. I have lots of lesser guns that can use the scopes so Im not afraid to buy a bunch of scopes that dont work. Im betting in the end I will end up with a Leupold or a Burris (they are in the next city over). If you look down the list of posts here in 50 area you will find a detailed post I made right after I decided not to run it anymore. I keep giving it second chances but not anymore. My suggestion is to avoid the ATN on any 50. the optics are greenish and kind of like looking through a fishbowl or 6 inches of safety glass. you can see pictures of it mounted on my rifle at the site listed in my sig below.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey B4Ctom1!

I had actually seen your webpage prior to this while searching the web. Decent page! Thanks for the info on the scope... being wintertime here in NY I may only get one or two chances to shoot the Griz... so I may "use" the ATN for now and then do like you suggested and check it out on one of my .308s. I have a Leo on my Tikka that could go on the 50 but it is only 10x (doesnt really matter since there are no LOOOONG ranges here).

Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I did read the FCSA article this month, and there are some negatives, but Im giving the Millet a try next. I mean my 50 is not exactly even close to top of the line. Im going to check into the warranty options on the millet first. the article stated a whole lot of the scopes were bad as delivered, so I figure 3 strikes and your out. I will send it in 3 times then transfer it to another gun and try another, until I either have scopes for everything, or until I find something I like.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#9]
OK...talked to two locals... being as this will be my first 50 experience I dont want to destroy this scope first time out.. both people I talked to said it should be alright, just be careful shooting first off and see what it does..

I am crossing my fingers...
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I think you'll find out soon enough, the Grizzly has the worst felt recoil in my experience. I think LAR needs to have someone update their brake for them.

Not sure how much eye relief your ATN has but make sure your far enough away from it the first time, scope eye sucks when it's from a .50.

Okay it shows 3.5" of eye relief but be careful until you get use to the recoil.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks man for the advise.... the scope seemingly even has more then 3.5" when I was checking it off the rifle a few ago (was thinking along the same lines as you)... Also called a buddy of mine who was telling me that I wont feel much more then a 12ga magnum kick...but to expect gun lift from the table.. (he has the same rifle)

I am about to pop my virginity...woooo hoooo
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top