Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 1:38:09 PM EDT
Where do you guys get your nightforce scopes?  None of the places I normally order from carry them.

Also how well do leupolds hold up on 50 cals?  Im trying to figure out wich one Im going to get.  The place where I got my 50 said the leupolds get the reticals nocked out when used on the ar-50.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
The guy I bought my Nightforce scope fron got it on Ebay. You also might want to give SWFA a try, he will accept guns in trade for scopes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Don from Kanab Utah, on the Biggerhammer board or try BearBasin Outfitters  www.bearbasin.com
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Got one about a month ago from Bear Basin. Real happy with it. Can't tell you how it holds up to a 50 cal. personally, but have heard and read they hold up great.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 7:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
JRM,
Leupold and Nightforce are the preferred scopes for a .50, never heard of any reticles being damaged. Nightforce has their reticles etched onto the lens and most people tend to go with the NP-R2 reticle.

Never had any problems with my AR-50 and NF set up, never seen anyone have problems with any scope on a AR-50. Just make sure you get the tallest rings you can, you'll need them so the bolt will clear the cheekrest.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Don on biggerhammer is the best.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks,  I'll be checking into the places you guys recommended.  You should see my setup now!  Tasco 4x32 sitting in tasco rings on top of a arms #5 for some height.  Its just a bunch of crap I had laying around that I put together so I could shoot it.  Total scope and rings cost $18 on top of a $2,500 rifle!

thanks,

Jason
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Just putting my .02 in. The place where you got the scope was wrong. Leupolds are top of the  line scopes not saying that shit doesn't happen now and again but far less likely then most other scopes. For your .50 a much better set of rings and scope is needed I did much the same when I started out I bought a good enuf scope to get by with until the .50 ate it up. As far as rings I would recommend Badger. As far as scopes their are many that can suit your needs. First two Nightforce Leupold third IOR Valdada seem to hold up pretty good on a .50 BMG
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Army marksmanship unit hold Night Force above Leupold and the fiity caliber shooters assn. winners circle use NF and ther were 2 Leupolds. The Leupold is a fine scope, but I went with the NF. www.statearms.com sells .50bmg's and is a dealer for Night Force, they have always been good to me. Talk to larry about a scope.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#9]
For Leupold scopes Graf and Sons are hard to beat pricewise, shipping included in prices. I have not seen NightForce on their website.

http://www.grafs.com/shopCategoryVendors.cfm/category/6
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top