Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 11/4/2003 7:59:53 AM EDT
Saturday morning I went shooting and there was a guy at the range with a Grizzly Big Boar.  He let me shoot it and that thing was a hoot!  I was really surprised by the recoil- a healthy shove, nothing like what you get from a 30.06.

I've been trying to figure out how to justify a .50 BMG next year.  Hmmm...  I'd have to buy my wife something really, really big.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Brohawk,
I'm in a similar situation here.  I get all pumped up to buy a 50, but then that $2,000 plus price tag brings me back to reality. This is a bunch of cash to be sure.  Perhaps this coming Spring....

Having shot a couple 50's (AR50) and been impressed, I would like to have one.  Unfortunately around here many of the rifle ranges do not allow 50BMG, so I would have to work at finding places and buddies to shoot with.  If You (or I) got into a group of 50 BMG guys thay had a shoot every couple months that would be the best deal.

I think for me finding a group of like minded 50 shooters is the next step.  I won't buy a rifle that I have nowhere to shoot it.  While impressing others with the 50 is fun, it seems to me a group of 50 shooters meeting once a month (or so) and pounding lead out to long ranges together would be more than just a hoot.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#2]
There's a local gun club that I'm planning on joining in the Spring, after I get back from a trip overseas.  They are moving their high power range from 800 to 1,000 yards, and a friend told me that they will eventually take it back to 2,000!  So, I think I'd have a place to shoot.

However, as you pointed out, it's hard to get started on a limited budget.  Maybe I could sell one of the kids...
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:35:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Brohawk,

So are you saying that a 30-06's recoil is WORSE than that of the Grizzly Big Boar?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top