Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2003 1:32:53 PM EDT
I have an ar-50 and need a good spotting scope; does anyone have suggestions as to what works well with a night force scope 5.5- 22-power scope out to… 500-600 yards?
And who has the best price?
Thanks
Texasak47
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the following link for some reviews:
www.snipercountry.com/InReviews/SpottingScopes.htm

Based on this review, I bought the Bushnell Spacemaster 20x-45x from Midway USA.  It cost me $300 plus shipping.  It comes with a backpack (big and worthless in my opinion) and a table top tri-pod (not bad.)  I also bought the 60x eye piece as well.  I've been very happy with this spotting scope.  

On thing that drives me crazy is the objective lens flap.  It is attached to the scope body, and likes to flip up into the field of view.  I have cut the damn thing off, and now need to buy a Butler Creek flip up for it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sell your 5.5X22 NF and get the 8.5X32 NF scope.  I can see 50 cal holes at 700 yards in a 55 gallon drum with mine.  At least you'll save on lugging more stuff/crap to the range with you.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Burris Landmark 15-45 x 60 Spotting scope to use with my 5.5-22 NXS, ..... with the NXS I could see the .50 cal holes at 650 yards, better than with the Burris spotting scope!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Nikon angle body and am very happy with it. Nikon has very clean glass. I am looking inro a Night force 8.5 x 32, unsure of the NXS or the bench rest model though, anyone have any pro's or con's to offer?
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm so amazed by my new night force that I'm getting rid of my leupolds and leaving the redfield and kiowa spotting scopes at home.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top