Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 10/6/2003 11:34:56 AM EDT
I finally got a day to try my new left hand AR-50 out at my secluded range. It's an Armalite AR-50 with 40MOA rail and NightForce 6.5-22 scope. The best way I found to shoot it was off of my wifes quad.

It's nice to have a wide open space that you can shoot for miles in any direction

Here is a picture of my lovely wife shooting her new Winchester stealth in .308 at a 1000 yard target.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Whats that contraption on the left rear part of the quad?

Shooting 1000 yards out of the back of a p-up? Your lady a SF sniper or something? She hit anything?

I can only imagine the sway any light wind or movement by the shooter would make at 1000 yards!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Whats that contraption on the left rear part of the quad?

It is a Koplin adapter that allows me to attach a Koblin gun case to the quad.

Shooting 1000 yards out of the back of a p-up? Your lady a SF sniper or something? She hit anything?

I can only imagine the sway any light wind or movement by the shooter would make at 1000 yards!

With alot of snakes in the area and very dusty she prefers to shoot out of the bed(I make it as enjoyable as possible, some of the guys here could take this lesson if they wanted women to shoot more often). As to your SF sniper question, she hit a 4 foot diamater target 8 out of 10 shots with her setup at a verified 1000 yard with my Leica 1200 range finder, who am I to question shooting like that, she enjoys shooting and I will encourage her however she would like to accomplish that. The truck is a one ton and sways very little but I'm sure you can find some sort of criticism somewhere in this post as well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you like your 50?Shure is nice to have a place to shoot at any distances you want,is that on your own property?Anyway that is a great way to spend a day,shooting with your better half.Does your wife shoot your 50 also?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey bro, I LOVE the 50. I originaly bought it as an investment with the plan to only shoot it a few times. That plan went right out the window.

I have alot of fun guns (ie. uzi's,mp40,ak's,ar's,fal's,lugers) but this is the funnest to take out and just plane shoot round after round. Yes this area belongs to the family ranch and I enjoy watching my wife shoot as much as actually pulling the trigger(she has her own gunsafe with a sizeable collection.

The wife does shoot it but since it's a left hand model she does not enjoy it as much, I think it's time to get another fifty for her. :)

thanks for asking
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like another 50 is definiatly in your future.I am looking into getting a 50 just have to save a little cash first.Spent my gun budget on an AR10 and ammo. Have fun and stay safe.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top