Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 9/11/2003 12:58:49 PM EDT
Anyone know what this is?

Looks like a semi-auto, bull pup barrett. Is this Military only? Someone mentioned it to me once. He said only the US government had them. I thought he meant the -82, but he was clear that there was a different rifle. I have checked out Barretts site, and it's not listed.
Perhaps it's been discontinued?

Edited to add, I see the red X, and can't fix it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Replace 'url' with 'img' and took out the 's' from http.
How the hell do you look through the scope when it's sitting on top of your shoulders?  
GO GO Gadget Neck!
And don't fire it left handed or the charging handle will take your ear off!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I had img, it was the s in HTTPS.
Thnx

edited to add: Just occured to me when you hit quote,it quotes the image as a link, to save bandwith. Hence the url.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Possible photoshop chop job?

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
No, it's a photo of a toy. The VFG does appear to be backward. The reason it peaked my interest is that while a toy, it is from a decent manufacturer of plastic models, and I've heard of the existence of such a beast, but never seen proof.
Hoping one of the experts will chime in.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
To my knowledge this is real. There is a pic of someone shooting one floating around out there on the net but I am unable to find it right now.

Edited to add pic that I was looking for
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, here is your proof that it does exist. Straight from the horses mouth (ala barrett's website) It is called the M82A2.

The least-known member of the Barrett .50 family is the 27-pound M82A2 conceived in 1987, reportedly for use against helicopters in Afghanistan. It is an M82Al gun, "semi-bullpupped" and reconfigured for firing "over the shoulder" like a rocket launcher. It has a forward pistol grip and two perforations in the top of the muzzle brake to counteract recoil jump.

www.barrettrifles.com/test_weapons.html
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Good stuff.

Learned something new today.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Good stuff Wipeout. Thanks.
Do you think it would make a good entry weapon?
Red dot site and all.
Maybe a little front heavy?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually I think that's the weapon they use to make the entryway!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Good stuff Wipeout. Thanks.
Do you think it would make a good entry weapon?
Red dot site and all.
Maybe a little front heavy?

Nahhh.....thats what these are for

Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah its real, and a real bi*ch to build according to Tony at barret Firearms. If I remember correctly it is availiable, but the price is way up there to discourage any orders plus it may be military only!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#12]
That is the first .50 that ive ever thought..." geeez I gotta get one " !!!!!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top