Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 6/24/2003 10:10:18 AM EDT
Anyone else heard anything about the UltraMag 50 project?  I first saw someone post info about it when it was making the rounds at Roderus Custom.  It seems they've gotten enough demand that it will be going into production.

Aside from the silly ass carry handle, I think this is a sharp looking weapon, especially considering the 3-rd box magazine.

So, my question to ya'll is:  Does the $1750 seem reasonable?  Anyone heard how this performs on paper?  This will be my first .50 purchase (while I'm saving my pennies for a McMillan, Robar or other "non-military" unit) so I'm curious about peoples thoughts, comments, etc.  

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
...if one has a need for a three round magazine, then I suppose the price is right! It's a 100 bucks more than the entry level Ferret and a few 100 bucks less than their top of the line (I own a middle-of-the-road one).

At any rate, at least they beat-out the MMAG-50 to production (I'm on that waiting list also).

BTW - I like the carry handle - wish my Fertret had one!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I like that one!The price seems right and I love the mag set-up!Its always cool to see new ideas come bright minds out there.Maybe some day someone will make one with a drum or even a .50 SHRIKE BELT-FED UPPER???I definitely would buy one!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it would be real cool to have Barrett make a belt fed semi auto, that would drive the gun grabbers crazy, no magazine capacity crap, but yet in a semi auto. that would be sweet from any manufacturer.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think it would be real cool to have Barrett make a belt fed semi auto, that would drive the gun grabbers crazy, no magazine capacity crap, but yet in a semi auto. that would be sweet from any manufacturer.

...unfortunately, for us here in Kali a belt-fed would probably classify as "any ammunition feeding device", or in common terms, "high cap mag".

The Libs here cover all the bases...[>Q]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems high to me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Colt45man yes you can buy belt-feds in Cali.The M2 and the 1919 are legal to buy thus a belt fed upper would be ok.I think the rule though for the belt-feds out here in Cali is that you are only suppose to link only 10 rounds belts.Pretty lame if you ask me.I don't get why the Barret 82 semi is not legal out here it has the legal 5 or 10 round mag???
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey Colt45man yes you can buy belt-feds in Cali.The M2 and the 1919 are legal to buy thus a belt fed upper would be ok.I think the rule though for the belt-feds out here in Cali is that you are only suppose to link only 10 rounds belts.Pretty lame if you ask me.I don't get why the Barret 82 semi is not legal out here it has the legal 5 or 10 round mag???

...you're an abundance of info RW - thanks!

I didn't know the "82" was banned here ... hmmmm...must be 'cuz it's a semi auto, takes detachable mags, has a "conspicuous" pistol grip and a threaded muzzle???
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 3:20:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The M82 is banned here in CT as well.

[pout]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top