Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 6/2/2003 7:30:36 AM EDT
Follow the link for a pic of them www.daplane.com/50bmg/larpod.jpg

If you have a .50 BMG upper or any other type of rifle that has a AR-15 type pistol grip, this should work on yours also. The monopod is $50 and the price for the bipod extention will follow. The monopod comes with the pistol grip and all the hardware to mount it.

I didn't make these, just posting for the friend who did.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 4:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
50 -

What's the chance of getting a better pic of the monopod?

Also, that looks like a Ferret Bipod but that's not a Ferret Upper. How does the extension attach to the Ferret?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Follow the link photos.yahoo.com/cscjmc it will show another pic of the monopod.

The bipod in the pic is a Harris, the extention will only work on a LAR Grizzly .50. The monopod should work on any rifle that has a AR-15 type pistol grip. Sorry for any confusion.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks 50.

I didn't know Harris Bipods came with Ringed Pull Pins like that - cool!

C'ya on the 22nd...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe you have to do that yourself, it keeps the (not made for .50) legs from collapsing under recoil.

I had someone tell me to turn mine around (backwards) to keep the legs from collapsing. I had a better solution, ditch the POS for a M60 bipod that can take the recoil of a .50.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The bipod that came with my Ferret looks sturdy enough but I'd like to come up with a quick-detach system for it because I remove it to fit in my safe and carrying case -  the little screws that attach it to the upper are a bit of a bitch to remove and install for an old man with failing eyesight

Any ideas along this line???

(photos kinda' suck)

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
When I bought my Grizzly a few years ago it came with the pins for the bipod.It looks like they just drill them out themselves,works pretty good though.Jake
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info Jake.

50 - have you gotten the AB50 update from ArmsUSA ???  I just emailed ALL the Senators and Assembly Persons on this - suggest you do so too...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, I get all the updates on AB50. I have an email link on the bill, whenever it does anything I get a email. Do you get the one from FCSPI? If not go to www.fcspi.org and sign up for it.

As far as your bipod legs go, isn't it just easier to fold them up? I don't know of any quick disconnect set up that's going to be strong enough to support the legs. This would be under the weight of the rifle and during recoil.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll do the email thing on updates - thanks!

As for the bipod issue, I think I'll come up with something (and who knows, maybe even make a few bucks selling them ) 'cuz even folded, it's still kinda "thick" to fit in my case comfortably...
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top