Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 5/25/2003 10:32:29 PM EDT
Topic removed - been here long enuff...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
So, are we going to see you out at the range with that thing? Realwar had his Watson's out their and was bangin' away on the targets.

Next shoot will be on June 22nd at Angeles.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:49:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh,brings back memories of my lower.I had to remove the catch in order to get my Watson to seat properly also.Your upper should perform awesome!I have to tell you once you pull the trigger on a .50 you will never be the same!One word,Power!I have the ARFX on my lower also and it works really nice.I didnt need to use a recoil pad or anything because the recoil on the Watson upper is far less then a Serbu.Hope to see you out next .50 shoot!P.S. buy AMAX!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of those cheap $50 laser bore-sighters that have ajustable caliber dowels up to .50 cal and its gets me really close.It took me only 2 shots to get right on at 500 yards.50-Shooter hooked me up with a guy that makes custom adjustable elevation grips for your lower.I bought one from him at the range,bolted it on and man what a difference.You will need one of these and the guy sells them for $50,good investment!Don't bother bringing Surplus ammo because the Magnet Nazi's will be there,I got my Surplus stuff confiscated when they saw them in my bag!!That bites!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Remind me when the date gets closer, I have a boresighter for .50's. If you want one of those monopods let me know, I'll tell the guy that makes them to bring one. If you want a boresighter I'll talk to the guy that has some for sell ($50) and tell him to bring some to the range.

If you want some AMAX loads let me know, a friend sells his reloads for $2.50 each or somewhere around there. Realwar was using his stuff and I have reloaded with him before, so don't worry about quality.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#5]
They take away steel-core and metal-jacketed ammo.Basically you have to shoot copper soft-point or find away to out smart there magnets!Any ammo taken away you can pick up when you leave and if you get caught shooting steel ammo they will kick you out.Somebody come up with a way to demagnatize surplus ammo!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Whatever anyone tells you, ALL .50 surplus IS steelcore. Realwar found out the hard way, the guy sold him some Yugo (IK headstamp). He must of had a fake magnet and held it to the tip to show him that it didn't stick.

The stuff that Mitchell's Mausers is selling is made by Yugo, they say it's lead core. Funny how a magnet will it stick to it, guess they don't check their own stuff.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Yaa the ammo I bought was from Ammobros.com,they are located in Ca.I asked him about non steel-core .50 and he said no problem.He held he trusty littly "carny" magnet up to it and woula!no sticky!So I bought a bunch from him and then when I got to the range it stuck to the range Nazi's magnet like when you see those cranes in the juck yard picking up old cars with that magnet!I was pissed!I don't know if there doing it intentionally but you have to either take a magnet with you when buying ammo or buy reloads.Save the surplus for the desert!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Colt45man there should be 3 options on ammo for you.Option 1, 50_Shooter might be able to hook you up with some AMAX from his buddy.If he can he will take some with him and sell it to you at the range.Option 2, you will be able to buy ammo hopefully from ARM USA out there.Option 3,if you have lots of money the range sells AMAX and I think they are getting @ $50 for a box!Yikes!I was out there for almost a full day and I milked 20 rnds.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Like Realwar said, the range sells a 10rd box of $30 dollar ammo for $45 if you buy it from them.

I'll tell my friend to bring some extra loaded ammo for you. He's gonna load up 100 rounds for RW that he can pick up on the 22nd. I doubt ARM USA will be selling ammo there, they're having their own shoot and will probably be using all of it.

I'll make sure that one way or another there will be a boresighter there for you and the monopod.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Colt45man the range fees are $10.You can get $2 off if you print out there coupon off of there site.You get a free lousy paper target that you probably won't use.If you are only shooting your .50 they you are limited to only there Red painted steel targets.The .50 club donated money and bought these thick steel targets.You can see some on the range website on the 700yrd pic.Bring a towel or carpet for the shooting bench.The cleaning benches are fitted with carpet.You can download a map from there site at Angelesranges.com.Yes they do have a snack bar with there famous Spicy Dogs!Yum Yum!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, what RW said. www.angelesranges.com

Definately check out their site, download a discount ticket, the release form and the map. If your coming from Oxnard, it might be easier for you to cut across the 23 to the 118 and take that to the 210. When you get on the 210, the first exit is Osborne and that's where you get off. Take a left, go under the Fwy and the first light go left. It's alittle over 2 miles to the turn off, there's signs for it. You'll go up a small hill and the road will split, stay to the left. The road will take you straight into the range, the part of the range you'll see is the rifle range. You can drive up to the benches to drop off your gear.

Make sure if your coming to be early! ARM USA is having their shoot the same day, range will be full. The snack bar is actually a guy that shows up with one of the weenie carts. If you can't stomach it, bring your own stuff. There's a 7/11 at the Osborne exit where you make your 2nd left.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#12]
The range opens at 9am, if you can be there by 8-8:15am that would be best. Sunday's are usually crowded and with our group and ARM USA being there, it will be packed. I'll probably be sitting at the gate waiting for them to open it, look for a 4dr green Honda.

I spoke to Don Windrunner (as RW calls him) and he said that he would load up some extra rounds for the 22nd.

As far as what to expect from the Ferret in terms of recoil, it kicks about the same as a 12ga. with magnum loads.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top