Posted: 5/4/2003 11:17:43 AM EDT
I'm about to purchase a NXS 5.5-22x56 scope for my 36" Ferret50
I'm trying to decide which reticle to go with, MilDot or NP-R2

My shooting will vary
1) hunting large game in steep terrain
2) longrange varmit hunting
3) Target shooting (bench and prone)
4) at some time possible benchrest competition

I now use MilDot system and a MilDot Master. I find it to be a quick and easy method of range estimating and holdover. it is also useful to figure slope angle for uphill downhill shots.

I do like what I hear about the NP-R2 reticle of Nightforce. Good easy to figure ranging and holdover that corresponds to turrent clicks. But it would be a little more work to figure slope angles. Also its less cluttered and better to see long range targets.

Question is;

Could I use the NP-R2 reticle same as a Mildot, by turning down the magnification to a lower power till the spaces are equal to 1 mil and use it with my MilDot Master. This could make it the Utmost in versatility and solve my problem. Thanks in advance

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top