Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 4/29/2003 6:23:56 PM EDT
This may be common knowledge to you guys but I just bought the most consise book (although possible controversial in its opinions) of 50 cal stuff. It is called "the complete .50-caliber sniper course hard-target interdiction" by Dean Michaelis and published by Paladin Press. It is definitely not for the math weak mind. There is more info about the 50 BMG than you ever cared to know. I bought mine on ebay but it can be had on amazon.com the book is 13x10 inches and is very thick (560+ pages). It quote Ronnie Barrett, and it has contributions by many well known 50 cal experts like kieth pagel and many others at the FCSA. I urge you to drop the big dime and get this book a huge thumbs up (even though I am too dumb to look at the big words)p.s. For you VPC jerkwads that cruise this site dont let the "sniper" in the name throw you. This book is about military guys putting long shots into "hard-targets" in otherwords NOT PEOPLE, but instead inanimate objects. It is used for its technical accuracy info not for harming human beings.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking of tech info, and sorry for the blatant Hi-jack, but anyone got a link to the 50 bmg trajectory chart?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont mind the hijack. Now that I have read that book, I now understand why depending on a miriad of things why a shot placed on a target at 1000 or more yards can endup so far off target that even a spotter wouldnt be able to see the miss. In other words a trajectory chart, although very useful as a guideline would only be helpful in the most ideal conditions that are litterally never seen by any shooter unless you are firing indoors.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top