Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2013 7:13:45 AM EDT
As many here already know, there are several different charging handles around to replace the factory one. With my Mepro 21 reflex sight, I have sorta the same problem that people with an Eotech have... Its so easy to bang your hand on the optics mounting area while using the charging handle.

I looked at all the various ones for a while, and I really figured I'd go with the IWC charging handle. However, I had a lot of free Amazon credit card points. Only the GG&G charging handle was for sale on Amazon. It was my second choice, and I figured I'd give it a shot, since it technically costs me no money to use the amazon points. And, if I didn't like it, I could always sell it and get the IWC one.

Well, I got it in on yesterday and it installs very easily. After playing around with it for a while on the gun, I am very happy with it. It has the same overall shape of the factory handle - just at a downward angle.

There are tons of reviews that promote 1 particular handle, and have negative things to say about the others. I've read both about the GG&G one. After using it now, I think I made the right choice. I haven't actually used the IWC one - but from looking at the photos of it some more, I think the GG&G was the way to go for me afterall.

Anyway - a few photos:

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the post.  I was just about to order two on line and though I better check here to see if they are worth it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 12:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the post.  I was just about to order two on line and though I better check here to see if they are worth it.
View Quote

No problem. I like that it sorta keeps the profile of the original.

The finish is parkerized. So, when you first get it, you need to cover the part in something like CLP - a good coat. Then, wipe it off with an old towel or rag.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The finish is parkerized. So, when you first get it, you need to cover the part in something like CLP - a good coat. Then, wipe it off with an old towel or rag.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just ordered two!
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the same CH on mine and I love it! Just wish it was knurled, just for that little something extra.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I like mine alot.  I tried the one from Tango Down but found it to be to short, still hit my nuckles on my larue scope mount if I didn't pay attention.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top