Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2011 8:05:54 AM EDT
Who has one?
Include a photo if you want.

What route did you take to get the short barrel?  cut & thread or replacement barrel?
Who did the work?

What flash hider did you go with?

Do you shoot it suppressed?  You rbarrel twist rate?  
What suppressor do you use?

Overall impression of the gun with the short barrel?
Accuracy and function remain unchanged?
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one.  bought a replacement barrel from CMMG and thread adaptor.  has a KAC flash hider and KAC suppressor.  works great and is a fun gun to shoot
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Had my barrel cut down by trosusa
Like it much more this way!

Flash hider was custom made

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 10:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Barrel shortened by TROS,  CMMG P90-style muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]

i had ADCO cut and thread my barrel after i found out the specs for the OE barrel.  youll find that TROS and HDCP and even Hi Dessert Dog have fairly long turnaround times.  ADCO will get the barrel back to you in a week, and youll have an OEM barrel in your gun when youre done, with properly cut threads.  

i actually had a hell of a time finding out what the exact specs were.   on FNForum.net, their resident NFA retard went so far as to give me the improper information, then pitched a fit because a "newbie" like me called him out on it.  frankly, hes an ignorant asshole whos going to cost alot of people alot of money.  the mods were ok about it, but hes got a little group of followers over there that believe everything he says, even when its verifiably wrong.  when you get on their bad side, no technical post will go unmolested.  its silly, actually.  

not that im mad or anything.  

anyway, i can provide the barrel specifications to you if you need them.   this goes for anyone who needs them.  

i had my receiver engraved by Ident Marking, who did a great job and has wonderful communication.  i used the Gemtech flash hider, because i have a G5.   otherwise id use the TROS adapter.  

as for accuracy and function, dont worry about it.   its a blowback gun, the barrel length wont effect function at all, and ADCO, TROS and HDCP are all competent machine shops. accuracy wont drop off either.
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 6:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
What did ADCO charge you to modify your factory barrel?
Link Posted: 11/5/2011 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Barrel is from hidesert dog. Accuracy is total shit. I get about 6" groups at 50yds and have given up on it. It's a fun toy to plink with, and it looks great, but I wouldn't trust my life with it.. if it wasn't because of the stamp and that I had to engrave my name on the receiver, it would be up on EE right now.

Link Posted: 11/13/2011 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who has one? I do.
Include a photo if you want.  See attached.

What route did you take to get the short barrel?  Form 1. cut & thread or replacement barrel? Bought a CMMG 1/7 twist barrel.
Who did the work? I did, I cut the old barrel off and installed the new one.

What flash hider did you go with? A factory style FN P90 flash hider, was too shiny so I reparked it.

Do you shoot it suppressed?  You rbarrel twist rate?  Not suppressed, and 1/7 twist if I did want to suppress it.
What suppressor do you use?  I would use my M4-2000 with an old AAC P90 mount.

Overall impression of the gun with the short barrel?  Love it, a lot better then the ugly 16" barrel.
Accuracy and function remain unchanged? No change in accuracy, still suffers from the long trigger, but holds good groups.

Link Posted: 11/15/2011 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Just sent my factory barrel off to Dustin @ Class3Designs

Using the CMMG flash hider

He is aiming for a 2 week turnaround, I'll post pics uninstalled and installed when I get it back.
Link Posted: 11/15/2011 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af77/TurkeyLeg1/ps903.jpg

i had ADCO cut and thread my barrel after i found out the specs for the OE barrel.  youll find that TROS and HDCP and even Hi Dessert Dog have fairly long turnaround times.  ADCO will get the barrel back to you in a week, and youll have an OEM barrel in your gun when youre done, with properly cut threads.  

i actually had a hell of a time finding out what the exact specs were.   on FNForum.net, their resident NFA retard went so far as to give me the improper information, then pitched a fit because a "newbie" like me called him out on it.  frankly, hes an ignorant asshole whos going to cost alot of people alot of money.  the mods were ok about it, but hes got a little group of followers over there that believe everything he says, even when its verifiably wrong.  when you get on their bad side, no technical post will go unmolested.  its silly, actually.  

not that im mad or anything.  

anyway, i can provide the barrel specifications to you if you need them.   this goes for anyone who needs them.  

i had my receiver engraved by Ident Marking, who did a great job and has wonderful communication.  i used the Gemtech flash hider, because i have a G5.   otherwise id use the TROS adapter.  

as for accuracy and function, dont worry about it.   its a blowback gun, the barrel length wont effect function at all, and ADCO, TROS and HDCP are all competent machine shops. accuracy wont drop off either.

Who is their resident NFA retard? You can IM me if you want.

I have an account and lurk there but I can't stand the vibe on their board so I haven't posted.

Nice SBR by the way.. On my list eventually
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just sent my factory barrel off to Dustin @ Class3Designs

Using the CMMG flash hider

He is aiming for a 2 week turnaround, I'll post pics uninstalled and installed when I get it back.

PS90 Barrel / P90 Barrel. Would have been done sooner but I forgot about that whole Thanksgiving thing.

Link Posted: 11/28/2011 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll try and get pics of mine when I get back home. I used the CMMG 1/9 barrel w/.5x28 adapter. Surefire MB556K to run my 556-212 can on. I shoot it about 50/50 suppressed/unsuppressed. It's a fun little gun. I believe the cyclic rate is a bit higher with the can on, but I don't have a sound meter to confirm that.

SBR is the only way to have a PS-90.
Link Posted: 11/30/2011 5:01:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll try and get pics of mine when I get back home. I used the CMMG 1/9 barrel w/.5x28 adapter. Surefire MB556K to run my 556-212 can on. I shoot it about 50/50 suppressed/unsuppressed. It's a fun little gun. I believe the cyclic rate is a bit higher with the can on, but I don't have a sound meter to confirm that.

SBR is the only way to have a PS-90.

I agree, I hated the long barrel on mine before the stamp came back.
I wish I would have chrono'd it before and then after to see how much velocity was lost by cutting 4" off.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#14]
i only shot mine to test for function prior to the stamp coming back.  

honestly, the barrel doesnt make the gun unweildy or awkward, but i just couldnt stand the thought of it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Barrel is from hidesert dog. Accuracy is total shit. I get about 6" groups at 50yds and have given up on it. It's a fun toy to plink with, and it looks great, but I wouldn't trust my life with it.. if it wasn't because of the stamp and that I had to engrave my name on the receiver, it would be up on EE right now.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/ironbyron_2008/8b9a0943.jpg
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/ironbyron_2008/60e575e6.jpg

Sounds like an Operator, or inferior aftermarket barrel related short coming
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#16]
I can get 1/2 groups at 50 yards with my unmodified PS90... Something sounds wrong...
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I like mine.  Got a CMMG barrel - 1/7 twist.  Did it on a Form 1.  

Couldn't drill out the pin - so I cut the old barrel off - I still have it kicking around if anyone needs one cheap...  It's about 14'' long or so - just need to have it cut and crowned I would think.

OK, so since I'm getting messages about the barrel - I want to do it the right way.  Here is the link to the EE posting I just made.

PS90 Barrel

Here's the pic after the SBR'n -

I used the CMMG 1/2x28 adapter instead of a flash hider so I could run my .223 suppressor.  Works great!

I haven't benched it at 50yrds, but off hand I'm keeping good groups.  Seems about the same as before the shortening.

L.J.
CBPO

Link Posted: 12/8/2011 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/8/2011 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks man.  It's always changing.  I am a serial trade and barter'er.  The only stuff that stays constant is the NFA stuff.  Too much of a pain to trade/sell.  Haha!  

I have a walk-in closet I turned into a cabinet with about 70 C&R guns as well - Old and Odd, or Tactical and impractical...  Only ways I roll.

I need to make space for my FS2000 on the wall now.  It is so awkward to hang (Shape and Size)  Vertically it is huge with that FN optic.

L.J
CBPO
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks alot to those people who recommended ADCO.

I asked them about a cut and thread and they told me to send it in.

I just got my box back tonight without any work being done and a note saying " we will not be doing any metric threading until march".

So why the fuck did I just waste $40 shipping the damn thing to you? Fuckers could have told me this when I asked them before shipping it.

Or hey, you could have called me before shipping it back, maybe I would have wanted some else done.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 11:14:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I just got my box back tonight without any work being done and a note saying " we will not be doing any metric threading until march".

So why the fuck did I just waste $40 shipping the damn thing to you? Fuckers could have told me this when I asked them before shipping it.

Or hey, you could have called me before shipping it back, maybe I would have wanted some else done.

Damn, that's not like ADCO. I wonder what the hell is up with that? I plan on having them cut my barrel when my paperwork gets approved late spring or so..... I'm still sorting muzzle/Suppressor options. I really need to figure that part out.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 8:33:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Did you ask about the PS90 thread or just ask about threading a barrel?

IIRC adco does not do metric threading and they should have told you that prior to you shipping.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you ask about the PS90 thread or just ask about threading a barrel?

IIRC adco does not do metric threading and they should have told you that prior to you shipping.

I asked if they could thread my PS90 for a use with a factory PS90 flash. They said they could, and so I shipped it to them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 10:37:24 PM EDT
[#24]
What are the specs?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Removed old barrel, new barrel from CMMG with flash hider.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Removed old barrel, new barrel from CMMG with flash hider.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top