Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2011 5:30:42 PM EDT
Hello, all.  I am new to this forum.  Actually new to owning a long gun but looks like I'm gonna need it e're long.I have a couple of questions about the FNAR.

First off, I love the beast.  I think it is a thing of beauty.  I know some people think an FNAR is ugly but to me it is a pure thing of beauty - deadly beauty but beauty non the less.

I would like to change a couple of things about it.

1. Does anyone know of a way I can go about bolting on a set of iron sights?  I am still learning how to shoot a long gun and believe that a set of iron sights could be useful.  Any ideas on how to go about adding a set of iron sights to it?

2. Does anyone know of a way to add a flash suppressor to the end of the barrel?  While at an Appleseed weekend recently, I could see that it has a serious muzzle blast.  Shooting prone it kicked up so much dust that the guy next to me had to wait for the dust to settle before he could take his shot. (He got his revenge, though.  One of his 22lr cartridge casings managed to land between my elbow pad and my arm.  I was in the bubble and didn't realize it till after the Range Boss called "Cease Fire".  Got a postage stamp sized patch that peeled immediately.)  Anyhow, is there someplace I could purchase an add-on flash suppressor to bolt onto the end of the barrel?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
The FNAR is a very nice semi auto and most have incredible accuracy-Mine is sub 1/2.Now to your question-It is not made for iron sights-But you could use qd mounts on your scope and then go to a red dot or holographic set up.Best bet is to go to a smaller and lighter weapon for open sights.Now you have a reason to add another long gun to your inventory.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top