Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2011 8:38:32 PM EDT
guy locally has the FNC NIB for sale..asking $2200 otd..its the 18in para folder and is a beauty,,should i buy it?? fair price?? any down sides?/ thanks

Title edited for content and so I don't check the thread over and over.  AeroE

Link Posted: 1/12/2011 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#1]
parts are scarce but can be found, for that price its a pretty good deal.  Rarely see one sell for less than $2600 on gun broker.  Sear was listed on sturm for $3k recently.
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah the parts issue kinda worried me, but from what i hear, things rarely break on them1 not to mention if i can get a sear, ill have  atransferable for less than 6k....just wondering bout their reputation and price
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
buy some extra firing pins...
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 1:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]
i wish they used AR firing pins....is there a website to buy said FNC parts?? thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
There are basically no important spare parts for sale anywhere. There are spare parts, but the ones that break are almost imposible to find.

Bolts, carriers, burst kits and certain parts cost huge amounts of money.

The FNC is a great rifle with a low entry price, BUT when you figure in maint cost if something breaks, then its a very expensive rifle.
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yeah the parts issue kinda worried me, but from what i hear, things rarely break on them1 not to mention if i can get a sear, ill have  atransferable for less than 6k....just wondering bout their reputation and price

I just picked up a transferable FNC with the burst for $6500 along with all the original acc. as well as 2 extra firing pins + springs + original bi-pod which is fairly rare.

if you spend $2200 for the Rifle and can get your hands on a sear for 3K (they go for about 3.5K) and send it to Higgins for the conversion (800) you will be all in for about  6 large, which is a great deal, all things considered!  Market prices for FNCs have gone up, check Strum / Sub-Guns or the other MG classified boards.  They are running over 7.5K all the way up to 8.5K, which is M16 territory.
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 7:14:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I would compare a S&H conversion with a Colt SP1 RR.  So for $6k on the FNC, you would have another $4k to go before hitting SP1 territory.  You can buy a spare rifle for parts and a whole bunch more spares for that $4k.  And you will probably never need most of them.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys. i am worried bout parts but hopefully in semi auto, it wont be too bad but i have  a lead on an auto sear at  crazy, CRAZY low price. so when my cash flow recovers, im gonna be watching for spare parts everywhere.  id have bought the $6500 FNC as above, all day long.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, you should immediately buy that FNC.  $2200 is a phenomenal price for an FNC.  Buy it, then pick up an S&H sear for $3,000 send the two off to Curtis Higgens at S&H and have it converted to auto.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Good price. You probably wont break anything if you arent shooting full auto. DSA had spare firing pins, etc and there is a guy on Uzitalk.com that has FNC parts. I bought my FNC in 1987 and it hasn't broken anything yet. These are incredibly tough rifles. Still in service with the Swedish and Belgian Armies. It's basically a Belgian made .223 AK. The bolt carrier/piston is massive...
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#11]
If you do not buy this do you mind passing the info to me? I have wanted 1 since i got the combat arms(guns and ammo) 1996.

JCS
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#12]
thanks guys and  sorry to other perspective buyers....i bought it and she now has a loving home!  thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
thanks guys and  sorry to other perspective buyers....i bought it and she now has a loving home!  thanks

good call.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Pics are in order as is congradulations.

JCS
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Congrats....now you need an S&H sear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 3:08:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are basically no important spare parts for sale anywhere. There are spare parts, but the ones that break are almost imposible to find.

Bolts, carriers, burst kits and certain parts cost huge amounts of money.

The FNC is a great rifle with a low entry price, BUT when you figure in maint cost if something breaks, then its a very expensive rifle.

This is why my brother and I both sold ours.  Nice rifles but too much money.  They are not worth it... IMO.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#17]
pics will be comin soon!
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#19]
someday part kits will come in...  Indonesia also builds them under license.  Its like the Galil ARM i passed on at a great price because 10 years ago, spare parts where hard to find, now they are everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:22:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The parts are only a problem if you plan on converting to full auto.  But for the  price of the sears, why not?  Still get the firing pins.

There is a barrel and several other parts on gunb0rker right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top