Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2009 8:48:49 AM EDT
I understand they have a lot of Gov contracts but what is really up with them???  They have several rifles listed on their web page, some for over six months, that have not been released yet. Can't even get old rifles such as their SPR. Their mags are so few for all their guns that people are pricing them so high that they aren't even worth it and thats if you can even find anybody with them. Company reps have been giving release dates for new mags such as 10 rounders for PBR/SPR and new bottom metal for the sme but they never get released. They keep pushing back dates and are now just saying "end of 2009" when they were saying "fall 2008" last year. I'm only interested in their bolt guns but its hard not to notice all the complaints from others about all their weapons. Any insight would be nice. I'm getting ready to say F... them and sale my rifles and start buying some Remingtons.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#1]
This is Standard OP with most companies now..

they don't care about you buying 1 thing if they can sell 100,000 things to the Gov. or other countries
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Remington is backordered too.  Try ordering an R-25 or anything else cool from them.  Even their shotguns are behind.  Hey, try ordering an ACR from them, let us know what they say.

The market has sucked for about 6 months now.  I'm glad I got what I got when I got it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I understand they have a lot of Gov contracts but what is really up with them???  They have several rifles listed on their web page, some for over six months, that have not been released yet. Can't even get old rifles such as their SPR. Their mags are so few for all their guns that people are pricing them so high that they aren't even worth it and thats if you can even find anybody with them. Company reps have been giving release dates for new mags such as 10 rounders for PBR/SPR and new bottom metal for the sme but they never get released. They keep pushing back dates and are now just saying "end of 2009" when they were saying "fall 2008" last year. I'm only interested in their bolt guns but its hard not to notice all the complaints from others about all their weapons. Any insight would be nice. I'm getting ready to say F... them and sale my rifles and start buying some Remingtons.

Everything has been f&*^ up since Nov 08 and is only now starting to get back to anything available (I did not say resonable) there is a carbine competition for the Army this Fall-FN is pouring resources into this trying to get the contract.

They also are meeting US .mil orders as well as Isreali, Afgani, Iraqi, orders, not to mention small orders from most of the eastern block & South America.  

Give FNH time everyone is backed up- Remington, RRA, CMMG, Bushy, it seems the only company you can get stuff from reliably is Colt (I am suprised too) as far as thier bolt guns I know very little.

FNH is a Miltary supplier built for goverment contracts, look at thier catalog & it's apparent, they do civi sales but its not thier bread and butter, its just a small slice and no one is really dedicated to insuring demand is met they just fill orders from thier distributors....

Find a distributor get on a waiting list Airizona gun runner is good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top