Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2008 8:20:23 PM EDT
Yes, I know its an old, tired subject by now.  But not having kept up the news from FN the last year or so, I was wondering if someone could give me the straight scoop on this.

I purchased my FS2000 after the first recall, so it has the trigger pack w/o the additional locking sear and the lighter trigger pin with the spring.

It is one of the documented units that was having light strike issues with .MIL ammo.  I ran five(5) rounds on XM193 through it and had three FTFs, even running them through the gun a second time.

Checking around the forums, it sounds like there is an official FN fix out and that all 2008 or later FS2000s have the fix already on them.

Was there an official FN recall on the earlier(mine) units or it is one of those deals where FN will fix it if I send it back to them.

Does anyone know what the "official" fix involves?  The last time I sent a gun into FN for a fix to an overlong front sight pin, they solved the problem by chopping my gun up and sending me a rebuild from parts as a replacement.

Has anyone actually sent their FS2000 into FN for the fix?

Thanks in advance for any info that you might have.

-Frank

Link Posted: 7/14/2008 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if there is an official fix but I fixed it by removing the captive spring from around the firing pin and have not had a failure to detonate since.  That was maybe 3000 rounds ago.
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 4:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
V42 is right.  I bought two FS2000 and both had the light primer strike problem.  I cut about 1/3 of the spring and the problem quit.  But tossing it (the spring) is a good option too. AR15s don't have that spring and work great. For this issue I'd fix it myself rather than send it in.  You might call them though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top