Where is the love for the FS2000?
Lots of threads for the PS90.
Is it over priced for what it is?
Doesn't function?
Not practicle?
Not cool enough?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the FS2000 experience is SO GOOD that it is beyond words, thus a lack of interesting threads...
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh well that clears it up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My local shop has one and I was thinking of making a trade for one of my AR's but they want to damn much for it.  I would have to give them my AR and a ton of cash as the FS2000 is going for $2,400 before tax.  I am going to hold out for an American AUG which is supposed to come in at $1,700.  As far as the ergo's goes, it ballanced better than anything else I have ever handled.  I mounted one of my Aimpoint M3's with a 3x magnifier behind it and the ballance was even better then without.  I didn't like the mushy trigger feel and the fact that the trigger pack is made of plastic didn't leave me with a good feeling.  Other then that it is pretty nice.

MadDog
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My local shop has one and I was thinking of making a trade for one of my AR's but they want to damn much for it.  I would have to give them my AR and a ton of cash as the FS2000 is going for $2,400 before tax.  I am going to hold out for an American AUG which is supposed to come in at $1,700.  As far as the ergo's goes, it ballanced better than anything else I have ever handled.  I mounted one of my Aimpoint M3's with a 3x magnifier behind it and the ballance was even better then without.  I didn't like the mushy trigger feel and the fact that the trigger pack is made of plastic didn't leave me with a good feeling.  Other then that it is pretty nice.

MadDog

Good luck with that.  The FS2000 is a current production gun.  I spoke with a rep at the NRA Convention and he said the rumors of price hikes were bogus.  They were started by dealers to justify the incredible markup.  The FS2000 MSRP is $1500.  The gun stores just want to rape you.  seeing as more and more FS2000's are rolling off the assembly line every day and are being bought up as fast as they are made, I'd say that we can expect the same exact crap from the AUG.  

The bottom line is that it is new.  Everyone wants one (including me).  And the shops are taking advantage of the demand.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MadDog

Good luck with that.  The FS2000 is a current production gun.  I spoke with a rep at the NRA Convention and he said the rumors of price hikes were bogus.  They were started by dealers to justify the incredible markup.  The FS2000 MSRP is $1500.  The gun stores just want to rape you.  seeing as more and more FS2000's are rolling off the assembly line every day and are being bought up as fast as they are made, I'd say that we can expect the same exact crap from the AUG.  

The bottom line is that it is new.  Everyone wants one (including me).  And the shops are taking advantage of the demand.

That statement is absolutly false I work for a shop with a stocking dealership direct buy program from FNH and In FACT our cost of the FS2000 did go up by over $150 this fictional rep you spoke with should have come up with a more beleavable number but MSRP of $1500 come on! In FACT the MSRP of the FS2000 is well in excess of$2500
There is no outragious markup on guns in fact guns have a smaller markup in general than the majority of other retail products.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MadDog

That statement is absolutly false I work for a shop with a stocking dealership direct buy program from FNH and In FACT our cost of the FS2000 did go up by over $150 this fictional rep you spoke with should have come up with a more beleavable number but MSRP of $1500 come on! In FACT the MSRP of the FS2000 is well in excess of$2500
There is no outragious markup on guns in fact guns have a smaller markup in general than the majority of other retail products.

I can assure you he was not fictional and that he did say that there was no price increase of the FS2000
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Well he needs to talk to the people in his company who accualy sell the guns to master dealers like my company before he goes around spouting BS like that. It was clear back in December when they sent us notice of the upcoming price hike wich efected almost all of FNH's products but the FS2000 in particular who's price increased by a little over $150. My company only marks FS2000's up by 12% and our prices are about the same as what you see online so I assure you that if there is any "increadable markup" in play it is 100% FNH's doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top