Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2007 9:55:20 PM EDT
Aimpoint or Mini Acog?  I have some experience with older Aimpoints.  The new ones that you can leave on for a year at a time sound like a good deal.  I have no experience with the Mini Acog.

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:30:58 AM EDT
[#1]
After using the older aimpoint ML2 for the last three years it has been a fine red dot optic for my M4 and with the addition of the M3 and new power save technology should be a realistic option over the spendy tri power or mini acog.  

I like the style of these PS90 mounts, nice and low and ready to go...... Dose Aimpoint & Trijicon offer these mounts curently and how much ???
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The battery life is significantly shorter in hot climates. You won't get 1 year let alone 3 months out of the same battery in the new Aimpoints in Iraq.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Eotech,

Buy one of these:
http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=1000&osCsid=3c175d62f1057d3351ccd763e98250c7)

and mount the eotech on it, its what I plan on doing myself, I just need to find out if a regular eotech will do or if the 553 model that sits a bit higher will work?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know. I saw some recent comments on the PS90 forum about it (that quad rail) being a bit loose initially. Was that U over there that posted that or someone else?

Visit: ps90forum.com

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't know. I saw some recent comments on the PS90 forum about it (that quad rail) being a bit loose initially. Was that U over there that posted that or someone else?

nope wasn't me, did the forum refer to rail design being loose or the nuts holding it together? I would think if the latter is the case then a little lock tight would do the trick.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the short version of the LT Iron Dot (without the rear BUIS) would be a cool setup on a triple rail PS90.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#7]
How about these Pics of my new SBR with the Irondot...LOW Profile...

The Irondot complements the PS90 very well....

But so will The TROS low mounts for the ACOG and AIMPOINT.

My local dealer Penna Defense Consultants did the conversion.

Thanks for Looking

copk9

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That is sweet :)

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
The TROSUSA low base/ring work great with the Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The TROSUSA low base/ring work great with the Aimpoint.

www.boomslang.us/images/ps902.JPG

Damn, that looks good!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top