Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 5/14/2022 10:16:34 PM EDT
I saved my money for a long time and finally bought a Registered Receiver M16 lower.  I already bought a Primary Weapons Systems PWS upper for it with an 11.85 inch barrel in 5.56 caliber.  I also have the PWS Enhanced buffer Tube.  I will be shooting it suppressed 80% of the time with a 30 caliber Can.  
My number one concern would be reliability and second most important concern would be smooth shooting with out that spring twang sound.  

Question :  I heard that the JP Silent Capture Spring will not work with the PWS system. Since my PWS upper is long stroke piston operated, what would be the best Buffer for this particular full auto build ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.  You guys are great and I appreciate any of you that share your knowledge to help others learn.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By GunsRfun4me:
I saved my money for a long time and finally bought a Registered Receiver M16 lower.  I already bought a Primary Weapons Systems PWS upper for it with an 11.85 inch barrel in 5.56 caliber.  I also have the PWS Enhanced buffer Tube.  I will be shooting it suppressed 80% of the time with a 30 caliber Can.  
My number one concern would be reliability and second most important concern would be smooth shooting with out that spring twang sound.  

Question :  I heard that the JP Silent Capture Spring will not work with the PWS system. Since my PWS upper is long stroke piston operated, what would be the best Buffer for this particular full auto build ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.  You guys are great and I appreciate any of you that share your knowledge to help others learn.
View Quote

JP scs works fine, if you get an SCS you need an H2, you can even do an H3 if you would like

If you run standard buffer setup get pws’s H4 buffer

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Go read the "Reducing rate of fire" thread that is directly underneath yours at this very moment.

I'm on the A5 tube / RB5007 / Tubb FW spring train and like it. It runs equally well with a 14.5" Osprey piston kitted 5.56 upper or 300 Blackout with 900FPS subs.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Spray lithium grease on the buffer and spring, it quiets out the twang.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Considering the shortish barrel and some occasional, though not tight silencer use, I'd be inclined to go with the KynSHOT RB5015HD rather than their RB5007.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Best of luck.  Be well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you guys think of the Linear Alignment Recoil Buffer L.A.R.B. made by Armament USA ?  
It has a spring inside the buffer and their website says quote : The Most Advanced Recoil Buffer Available. Ever. The L.A.R.B. will immediately give you a softer, smoother and more controlled recoil.

Thanks again for anyone with helpful replies.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 11:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryo] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunsRfun4me:
What do you guys think of the Linear Alignment Recoil Buffer L.A.R.B. made by Armament USA ?  
It has a spring inside the buffer and their website says quote : The Most Advanced Recoil Buffer Available. Ever. The L.A.R.B. will immediately give you a softer, smoother and more controlled recoil.

Thanks again for anyone with helpful replies.  
View Quote

Never heard about that one but I know the Surefire OBC has a spring weight to help reduce rate of fire. It is a Jim Sullivan design. It is an interesting design.. It allows the carrier to travel a but further back due to a cut mod to the key and shorter (tungsten?) buffer.

Also you might want an adjustable gas block.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top