Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 11/5/2021 8:50:11 PM EDT
Just some history on this goofy gun design..........

Yeah, yeah, I realize the Siamese 16 is a jack wad toy, but the thing is fun to shoot and the design is pretty clever by anyone's standard.

The design never started out where it ended up though.  The original idea was to have two semi-auto AR-15's hooked together, with one being fired with the standard rear grip
and the second gun fired by a trigger on a vertical grip up front.  So one of the guns would be conventional, and the other a bullpup.  
That would make the system two Title 1 semi autos...and I might be able to sell a couple.
Tromix was really struggling to stay afloat at the time, so anything to keep the lights on was fair game.

After several hours of dicking around mocking shit up, I just couldn't come up with anything that was going to work without an enormous amount of work.

I pretty much gave up on it at that point and cracked a beer, and then another and another.  And then the light came on with crossing the gas tubes, going full auto, never selling anything, going broke, and going back to a real job.

But fuck it, I did it anyway.

Tony Rumore
Tromix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I3I6P9j2ag

Link Posted: 11/5/2021 8:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#1]
That was incredible even if.   I think Mr Stoner would be proud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I3I6P9j2ag
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TonyRumore] [#2]
I forgot to mention, that video was posted in 2014 and was actually the Gen 2 Siamese-16 which had 16" barrels.
The original gun had 11" barrels and was done in 2000 along with the Tromix AK-47 Lightning Link.
ATF didn't like the AK Link, paid me a visit, so I canned it, since there was no money in it anyway.  But that's a another big ass story I'll share someday.

Tony

Link Posted: 11/7/2021 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TonyRumore:
I forgot to mention, that video was posted in 2014 and was actually the Gen 2 Siamese-16 which had 16" barrels.
The original gun had 11" barrels and was done in 2000 along with the Tromix AK-47 Lightning Link.
ATF didn't like the AK Link, paid me a visit, so I canned it, since there was no money in it anyway.  But that's a another big ass story I'll share someday.

Tony

View Quote

You’re an 07/02, how could ATF object to you making a registered AK Lightning Link?
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]
As an Acolyte of the Weird and Impractical, I'm automatically curious if you could do one of those for a POS large-pin RR.... Mmmm...
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 10:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#5]
Why cross the gas tubes?

Seems unwise to have one bolt’s unlock timing dictated by when a chambered round in another barrel/bcg decides to fire...
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 11:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:
Why cross the gas tubes.

Seems unwise to have one bolt’s unlock timing dictated by when a chambered round in another barrel/bcg decides to fire...
View Quote

Obvious reason is obvious.

If he set the bottom gun to semi auto he would get 2 shots per trigger pull because the top gun is locked in full auto/slam fire.

The ejection cycle being delayed by the other gun is just an example of what is possible.

Stupid thing is stupid but fun all the same.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top