Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 10/4/2021 4:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhoffman]
I have several AR rifles all work 99.9% with my RDIAS in 5.56mm

HOWEVER... when I try to use my CMMG .22 conversion (with the trip and anti-bounce weight) it only works in ONE of my ARs.
Apparently, the DIAS is holding the hammer rearward and not releasing it as the bolt carrier moves forward, resulting in NO semi or full auto function.

I have tried swapping hammers, uppers, etc. Still only the one gun functions properly

Anyone else experienced this problem?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 5:24:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: schornstinefager] [#1]
Have you tried diffrent ammo ?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
There is another set of bounce weights that you can tune by insert size.

Someone probably remembers the link and manufacturer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#3]
When you pull the cocking handle to the rear and let it go, it cocks the hammer but the DIAS holds the hammer from dropping when you pull the trigger in semi or full auto.
It won't cycle manually, it's not an ammo problem.

In other words, when cocking the rifle the DIAS holds the hammer back and the only way it will release it is to tilt the upper off. Pulling the trigger won't release the hammer.
Apparently, the CMMG .22 bolt carrier trip isn't hitting the lever on the DIAS, but again, removing the .22 conversion and reinstalling the 5.56 bolt carrier it works perfectly firing 5.56.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top