Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2015 11:55:52 AM EDT
If I buy a RR for $500 dollars I would still need to buy the DIAS correct? So the cost is really in the sear not the receiver right?

Machine gun
For 3k I have a macine gun?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#1]
You are bidding on an Armalite M15a2 post 86 dealer sample machine gun. This is a post 86 dealer sample and will not require a LE demo letter for class 2 mfg or importers. Class 3 dealers without an NFA mfg license (type 7) will still need a law letter. If you don't have an FFL/SOT don't bid - not transferable to non SOT holders.
View Quote

From you question I will assume you are not an SOT. If my assumption is correct you cannot buy this receiver. Keep saving your pennies.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not. lol I feel like a complete newbie.. So I can't send this too a class 3 ffl and fill out a form 4 and wait, and wait, wait?
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not. lol I feel like a complete newbie.. So I can't send this too a class 3 ffl and fill out a form 4 and wait, and wait, wait?
View Quote

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
No post-86 MGs for us lowly civilians. You must find an item registered/converted prior to the May 19, 1986 cutoff date of the Firearms Owners Protection Act, aka 922(o). It sucks, but this how it is.

The gun you are referencing is a post-86 MG and cannot be owned by anyone other than an FFL/SOT, police department, or gov agency.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are serious about owning a legal m16ish mg, youll need to figure at least $15,000.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
A civilian RR will never ben $500.  Post samples, yes, but you need to be an FFL/SOT to own them, and when you end the business, you also have to sell or destroy the gun.  For a civilian ownable RR, count on $15k minimum to way way up, depending on models and rarity.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Haha nah, nice try man
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry guys. Thanks so much for teaching me!
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah it's a shame but the cheapest you will get a transferable machine gun as a civilian is about $4000 for a
MAC. If you want a M16 the cheapest you will find is a registered lighting link (RLL) for $13-15k and around $15-18k for a non-colt registered receiver (RR)

It's an expensive firearms and quite and investment for most people but def worth it if you can afford it and the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#10]
And Its not cheaper to just become a FFL and build them as you will? $15k is a lot you could use to make a nice gun shop.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And Its not cheaper to just become a FFL and build them as you will? $15k is a lot you could use to make a nice gun shop.
View Quote

The ATF frowns on that practice. There are people that do it though. Personally the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 12:16:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  I am an FFL/SOT on the side, and it is to make extra money.  If you do it to boost your collection, not only is it not worth the time and paper work and hassle, but it's also very illegal.

If you want full auto, save up and buy it.  They are excellent investments.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#13]
You can spend $500 and get a Fostech bumpfire stock and if you have never fired a M-16 before you would not know the difference.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:56:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can spend $500 and get a Fostech bumpfire stock and if you have never fired a M-16 before you would not know the difference.
View Quote

Yeah if you're just looking to waste ammo and make a bunch of noise at the range then bump fire is the was to go. Not something I would ever bother with tho.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some people like myself are not interested in those though and want the real thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Some people like myself are not interested in those though and want the real thing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

CB, I was the till I played for a buddies.

but dang if they are not fun once a year at the range. I found a used one for $75/85 so why not. It makes me smile.

I live my mgs, belive me. But the slidefire stock is a woot too. I have said this for years. It's 95% as fun for 5% the cost.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

but dang if they are not fun once a year at the range. I found a used one for $75/85 so why not. It makes me smile.

I live my mgs, belive me. But the slidefire stock is a woot too. I have said this for years. It's 95% as fun for 5% the cost.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you it's fun.  I've used them as well.  Just not my thing for $500.  For $75, sure I'd take one I guess.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I have a real thing too but some people might not be as fortunate as some of us are. I was just trying to let people that there is an option.The Fostech stocks are more expensive that the Slidefire but they are Aircraft Aluminum and look more like a real stock. I didn't know about them until after I had bought a RR and had been on some boards awhile. I bought one to run my Shrike while I was waiting on the Form-4 cleared. I have put the upper off my Colt 6920 which is really light and that thing will run like a scaled ape. Also if you only push the forearm out just a little it doesn't bump that much.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:02:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I agree with you it's fun.  I've used them as well.  Just not my thing for $500.  For $75, sure I'd take one I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm surprised ATF hadn't changed their minds like they did with SIG brace.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top