Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2014 2:22:46 AM EDT
Yep 40 THOUSAND and doesn't even come with the acog..... How does one get to that price.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=453156658
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:13:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:19:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Honestly. Good for them if they can get it but MG's really don't do anything for me.  Even at 4000, you can get a much  nicer rifle, i.e loaded SR15 or a JP with optics and a can.

Are MG's cool. Yup, are they 10,20,30k cool? Not for me.

I am sure some dentist, lawyer, or telecom exec will find it pretty cool and have no issues dropping the coin and good for them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn it's not even a colt, unless I'm missing something I don't see why this non-colt RR should be worth more than maybe $15-18k. Frank does sell guns for other people so maybe it's just some delusional person who demanded he set the price at $40k
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a no reserve auction.  It will probably sell for closer to $15k.        

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
That will sell for under 20k, nowhere near 40k.  Still expensive, but that buy-it-now price is very ambitious.  40k buys you an unfired U.S. property marked M16A2.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#6]
It's sad his auctions are very misleading and he doesn't even have it in stock ,
Yes 40 will buy a lot ....
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the local school boards here just recently bought a bunch of surplus M16s from the government for $50 each! I've heard since then, that because of the public outcry over why a school board needs M16s that they've returned them.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/26561770/pinellas-schools-police-buys-m16-rifles
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the local school boards here just recently bought a bunch of surplus M16s from the government for $50 each! I've heard since then, that because of the public outcry over why a school board needs M16s that they've returned them.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/26561770/pinellas-schools-police-buys-m16-rifles
View Quote

This shit needs to stop. I have no problem with the Federal government providing certain things for local governments. Our county got two helicopters for dirt cheap and they've really been a benefit.

BUT WTF does a school board, need with FA weapons?
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This shit needs to stop. I have no problem with the Federal government providing certain things for local governments. Our county got two helicopters for dirt cheap and they've really been a benefit.
BUT WTF does a school board, need with FA weapons?
View Quote

That's like thinking the city council is being armed when they approve 1033 acquisitions.  The school board is not getting the M16A1s, the police department is.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea he ended it early maybe just a typo , his auctions are still a bit thin.

Good RR tho all the paws I've seen have been in spec
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must be misinterpreting this, he states "let me be very clear. These are single shot rifles. Not automatic or semi automatic."
Holy hell. Stupid people man. lol
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You must be misinterpreting this, he states "let me be very clear. These are single shot rifles. Not automatic or semi automatic."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of dumb asses think semi auto is burst fire.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah lots of durp. That or he was just trying to downplay the situation knowing 99% of ppl have no clue, he could have said "it shoots non-lethal potatoes" and people would have believed him.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top