Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2014 2:29:04 PM EDT
If my SOT is set up to do e forms can he E file a form 4 for a M16 to me?
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
If my SOT is set up to do e forms can he E file a form 4 for a M16 to me?
View Quote

Yes, it's just like any other NFA item.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 3:16:39 AM EDT
[#3]
If I'm comprehending this e-filing stuff correctly, the transfer can go via e-filing if you are using a trust or other legal entity.  If you're taking possession as a real flesh-and-blood person, you can't use it.  There's no way to do CLEO signatures, fingerprints and photos electronically.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#4]
And you would be correct, trust, corp only.
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a Corp for all my NFA items.  I was not sure there were no special requirements for MG.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a Form 4 MG approved today from efile.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:32:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had a Form 4 MG approved today from efile.
View Quote

Time frame?

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Submitted 9-27.  Approved 1-13.  When I picked it up, I found out it was actually approved 1-13 but my dealer went to SHOT and didn't tell me until 1-20.

I have 2 other Form 4 machineguns that were submitted 10-22 that have not yet been approved.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Did a F4 last night, here's to hoping i get it approved in April
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Did a F4 last night, here's to hoping i get it approved in April https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_shy.gif
View Quote

from dealer to you?
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:32:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
from dealer to you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did a F4 last night, here's to hoping i get it approved in April https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_shy.gif

from dealer to you?
Mine approved on January 22 was 90 days, dealer to me.

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 4:38:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
from dealer to you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

from dealer to you?

Yup

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#13]
For you guys that did e-file MG's did you have to print off the back side of the F4 and sign it then upload it as a PDF?
I've heard rumors that this needs to be done and want to have an answer prior to seeing my SOT ...

Thanks.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
For you guys that did e-file MG's did you have to print off the back side of the F4 and sign it then upload it as a PDF?
I've heard rumors that this needs to be done and want to have an answer prior to seeing my SOT ...
View Quote

ATF lists this as a requirement for eForm 4 on the eforms website and in their eforms bulletin.  Does not apply to silencers, only MG/SBR/SBS/DD, maybe AOW.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
ATF lists this as a requirement for eForm 4 on the eforms website and in their eforms bulletin.  Does not apply to silencers, only MG/SBR/SBS/DD, maybe AOW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit really? I didn't do that but filed as a corp for Form 1 my SBR. It's coming up on 90 days now. Hope I don't have to resubmit and start over.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 9:51:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks....Good to know on the E-Form 4 that I'll have to sign a copy on the back.

I had a EForm 1 approved without a signature, so I'm pretty sure its not a requirement for Form 1's.

Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:07:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Shit really? I didn't do that but filed as a corp for Form 1 my SBR. It's coming up on 90 days now. Hope I don't have to resubmit and start over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be able to scan it and upload it to the docs section of your pending application at any time.  It is not a requirement for eForm 1, so don't sweat that part.

mmclean:  The only part that needs to be signed/scanned on the back of eForm 4 is block 15 - transferee's certification.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Circuits: Thanks for the clarification on that. I'll have to print out out, sign it and scan it back as a PDF and save to bring to my SOT.

Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

from dealer to you?

just to be clear -

you got a machine gun transferred from a dealer to you in 90 days?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#20]
I got my 2 other eForm 4 machineguns approved today.  They were filed 10-22 and approved 1-27.  And the first one was 9-27 to 1-13.  There are 3 approved eForm 4 machineguns on nfatracker.com and they are all mine.  Here are the new arrivals:

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Very nice!  Looking to pick up a 1921 Colt Thompson next.  Have fun with them!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top