Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 1/27/2013 5:01:55 AM EDT
I have been away for a while and the gun world went to shit in the last 3 months.

What is a fair/good price for a 9 mil ser Colt M-16a1 in fine condition running right now?

I bought my last on for $13K 12 months ago in Like new condition.

I am looking at $16K but I think I can talk him down to $15K.

Thoughts?

and what is the grenral market now for all MGs as well as Mac 11s and Colt M16s, please?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Since the Aliance Armament 5.56 MAC upper was announced I've noticed MAC asking prices have increased by about $1K although I can't say how many are selling for that. $15K sounds good for a Colt since there are a few olys listed for the high 14's.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#2]
$15k for a Colt M16A1 is very good in today's market.

They are running around $20k on Sturm and Subguns.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
$15k for an A1 is a great price in todays market. I'd expect a normal price to be in the $17-$19k range for a colt A1.
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank guys, Email has been limited with my travling.

I will let you all know what I do.

BTW I Just picked 8 NIB Mac 11s for $2600 each on out of state form 4's
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BTW I Just picked you 8 NIB Mac 11s for $2600 each on out of state form 4's

Chas, you owe me one of those at your cost.

I have to see how the cards land. I want to keep one and Sten Magwell it. And Trade 4-5 for a used HK MP5

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 8:05:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hooking people up with MG's for good prices???? Send an IM my way one of these days!
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 5:24:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You hooking people up with MG's for good prices???? Send an IM my way one of these days!

Nah, it's the other way around. If these are the ones I'm thinking of, Chas told me about them awhile back and gave me the seller's contact info ... But life intruded, and I never pursued it. D'oh!

Chas doesn't owe me a thing. I'm just kicking myself.

Yup this Are one in the same, I am thinking about picking up a Colt M16 from himtoo

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Did this guy stock up before the ban or something? LOL
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Did this guy stock up before the ban or something? LOL

After

A lot of dealers still have them in mass. This did make money off me, and the guy I got two nib m10 recovers from paid $50 for them in1972

Link Posted: 2/3/2013 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, it's the other way around. If these are the ones I'm thinking of, Chas told me about them awhile back and gave me the seller's contact info ... But life intruded, and I never pursued it. D'oh!

Yup this Are one in the same, I am thinking about picking up a Colt M16 from himtoo  

Well feel free to pass on a name after you buy your fill.

Is it a guy out of FL? I got my MP5 from a nice guy(and it was a really good deal as well) but I haven't been able to get ahold of him in the last year or so.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't understand why so many people sell valuable stuff for so cheap.

I saw a WH thompson show up on subguns for $8K and sell in literally 10 minutes.

The fact that the seller knew about subguns and still priced the gun 50% lower than fair market value is strange

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 12:48:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I saw a WH thompson show up on subguns for $8K and sell in literally 10 minutes.

The fact that the seller knew about subguns and still priced the gun 50% lower than fair market value is strange

I'd be worried about a scam at that point.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He don't owe me anything either  But I'll buy that S1050 you got sitting turning to rust.
It would look good sitting next to its two sisters.  I wish I would have kept that RL 1050 I had now.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I don't get it either, is the internet and searching really that hard?  Or calling two NFA dealers?   The large majority of deals that I stayed away from because the price made it look like a scam were in fact legit.  You would think as a seller, if your prices make people think its a scam, you have failed in a major way.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I don't get it either, is the internet and searching really that hard?  Or calling two NFA dealers?   The large majority of deals that I stayed away from because the price made it look like a scam were in fact legit.  You would think as a seller, if your prices make people think its a scam, you have failed in a major way.

Well, I mean, I know of a guy who sold a couple of MG's for 35% under the market value. But he got them for $200 back in the day.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I mean, I know of a guy who sold a couple of MG's for 35% under the market value. But he got them for $200 back in the day.

I bought 2 Mac 10s from the a guy that paid $50 each back in the 70s

He was happy to get what he got for them
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 3:44:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

some of you guys should start playing the lottery
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks but I still not find a deal on a MP5
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:06:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did. Twice. I'll give you the name of a guy in FL if you want to sell me a MAC for what you got it for.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:34:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did. Twice. I'll give you the name of a guy in FL if you want to sell me a MAC for what you got it for.

Ha, most guys here would too. I am up to 13 macs now

Link Posted: 2/13/2013 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But would "most" guys get you an HK sear/pack for $10k?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I did get the RLL for $5000 though.

I still need to get an HK
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:05:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are most  if not all of them NIB ?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are most  if not all of them NIB ?

Ten are NIB. With 8 being consecutive m11s and the other two NIB are m10s.

The used I ones are all m10s. Two in 45 and one in 9mm

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None too shabby, but I'd rather an HK. Just saying.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is the status que of the HK.  But with the lang uppers out now,, I could live with the Mac 10 in .45 of course.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:35:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is the status que of the HK.  But with the lang uppers out now,, I could live with the Mac 10 in .45 of course.

My goal, I plan to trade some of the Macs off to a dealer for a MP5.

I Love my Uzi, and Mac 10 in  45acp and Mac 10  in 9mm are fun.. A HK is just sexy
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, yeah, but a MAC10 won't give you a .308 beltfed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My goal, I plan to trade some of the Macs off to a dealer for a MP5.  

I Love my Uzi, and Mac 10 in  45acp and Mac 10  in 9mm are fun.. A HK is just sexy

That they are. And at $10k, they are quite sexy.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, yeah, but a MAC10 won't give you a .308 beltfed.

If I had the money for a belt fed it would have to be a .50BMG or I wouldn't want it at all.

ETA OK that not 100% true,,, I would settle for a mini gun too.

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top