Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 5/1/2011 6:00:13 AM EDT
A method of legal auto fire that I'm not too familiar with.

Have a friend who is looking to jump into the FA game at around this pricepoint.  I gave him some options of common entry points and he really likes the RLL idea.  Honestly, I do too.  It's pretty cool IMO.  I'm just unsure of a few things.

How many are there out there?

How exactly do they function?

What to look for during purchase of an RLL?

I get confused around RLLs - there's dates of 1981 and 1986 thrown around.  Obviously, 1986 is when Hughes' came about.  1981 is when ATF decided that RLLs were MGs on their own?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I was trying to remember the name of that website - thanks!  Off to read...
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDWVYYJN_2Q
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A method of legal auto fire that I'm not too familiar with.

Have a friend who is looking to jump into the FA game at around this pricepoint.  I gave him some options of common entry points and he really likes the RLL idea.  Honestly, I do too.  It's pretty cool IMO.  I'm just unsure of a few things.

How many are there out there?
How exactly do they function?
What to look for during purchase of an RLL?
I get confused around RLLs - there's dates of 1981 and 1986 thrown around.  Obviously, 1986 is when Hughes' came about.  1981 is when ATF decided that RLLs were MGs on their own?
Anything else I should know?

Thanks guys!

I like mine.

There's around 600 in the registry, I believe.

The link loops around the disconector and the paddle goes between the rear takedown lug and the rear ledge of an SP1 spec bolt carrier. When the bolt carrier comes forward to the point of almost closing it trips the paddle, which makes the link pull back on the disconector and allows the hammer to continue falling until the trigger is released.

As far as what to look for, any signs of repair or damage. The little ears in the back where the paddle attaches seem to be the most likely spot to break. Make sure it looks like all the other SWD LL's out there, there was a supposed fake that surfaced not too long ago on GB.

Not sure on the date thing, I believe you're correct on what you said though. All RLL's are obviously pre-86 though.

Get some extra paddles, I'd just stick with .032". I tried some thicker ones and it increased the ROF considerably. The KNS Protector is a good idea as well. Make sure you've got lots of ammo!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top