Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 12/30/2010 6:52:51 AM EDT
I would be happy to do the leg work and contact a few vendors to see what type of package deal they could do, but not sure if there would be enough interest.

It would be nice to see a package that included something like a complete upper (including bolt) 3-5 mags and 1-2 50 round drums or something like that so you have all of what you need to go out and start shooting.

Do you think there would be any interest? I would expect for a good price at least 10 or so people would have to be interested.

Edited on Wednesday Jan 5th:  
Contacted the first vendor and waiting for a callback.
If no callback by Friday I will move on to the next vendor. I figured contacting one vendor at a time would be better then just doing an e-mail to them all at once.

Edited on Friday Jan 7th:
Received a reply from Vendor 1 saying my e-mail was forwarded to whomever is in charge of these types of things. I will give them a few days.

Edited on Tuesday Jan 11th
Called the Vendor and they are still discussing the Group Buy and may opt to do one themselves directly through AR-15.
I requested they let me know because if they opt not to get involved then I will continue looking but if they do decide to do it then that would be great as my work would be done as they will handle it all.

Edited on Thursday Jan 13th
CMMG stated they will handle the Group Buy through AR-15 (basically giving a discount to AR-15 members) which means my work here is done and now we just wait. The latest reply states:

It isn't official yet mainly because both the owners here and the forum admins for AR15.com are super swamped in preparation for SHOT show. I would expect the ball to really get going on this at least a week to two weeks after SHOT.

Hopefully there will be something soon. If anyone spots the thread, try to reply here in case it in a section of the board not frequent by everyone.

Edited on Friday March 11th

Well, after 2 months of getting the run-around CMMG is no longer responding to e-mails. I guess they are no longer interested.

Link Posted: 12/30/2010 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been humming and hawing about getting a 22 upper for years; a group buy on a nice package would probably do the trick.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#2]
With the .22 conversion (as well as the new offerings in dedicated 22 uppers) gaining in popularity and in reliability this might be a good idea. I might be in for(another) one!
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 8:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I probably would be in as long as there full auto .22 bolts
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd think spikes would be willing to do something. I'd be interested depending on what was offered.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Please continue with the responses as I will use this thread as reference to the dealers to illustrate the amount of interest.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Im in if it is for a complete upper, as I already have a conversion kit and am interested in going with a real upper!
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in if its a beltfed upper like the ones from Lakeside Machine. It needs be full auto ready and have a barrel of 11.5" or less.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 10:05:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in for a reliable dedicated upper as well..
Link Posted: 12/31/2010 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm in for a reliable dedicated upper as well..

Link Posted: 12/31/2010 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I am in for sure.  I was waiting for CMMG to finish their sear trips and short barrel uppers to order one.  Their pricing is really good so a group buy offer with them would be a great place to start.
Link Posted: 12/31/2010 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I am definitely in for one if the price is right.

I really need one for my M16.
Link Posted: 12/31/2010 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am in for sure. I was waiting for CMMG to finish their sear trips and short barrel uppers to order one.  Their pricing is really good so a group buy offer with them would be a great place to start.

^ I would certainly be in for the above.
Link Posted: 1/1/2011 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am in for sure. I was waiting for CMMG to finish their sear trips and short barrel uppers to order one.  Their pricing is really good so a group buy offer with them would be a great place to start.

^ I would certainly be in for the above.

+1

Link Posted: 1/3/2011 5:16:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I did a lot more research on the .22 upper offerings this last weekend.  Seems like there are a few other possible options.  One is the above mentioned belt fed system by Lakeside Machines.  There are some guys getting good results with their new Razorback upper and a trip added to the bolt.  In fact those that had trouble with the previous LM7 have switched to the Razorback bolt  with a trip and are getting very good reliability.  I think another very good candidate we could contact is Nordic Components.  Their dedicated upper is running near 100% in semi auto if you read the reviews due to a bolt design more like the Ruger 10/22.  They are working on a bolt upgrade kit according to Tim over there for FA fire.  They are not offering a short barrel version or sear trip bolt yet but a group buy offer might help them decide to get it going.  They do offer a reduced power spring for shorter barrel or suppressor use so they have obviously tested those configurations.  What I really like about the Nordic is the bolt design stays cleaner longer and it uses standard black dog mags.  They even show a FA 50 round drum dump in the test video.  There is some video of their testing in this link:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=390&t=188400

I am happy to help contact folks also if you like since I already contacted Nordic about their FA progress anyway.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#15]
I would be in for a dedicated 22 full auto upper. This is one of the main reasons I wanted an M16. It's a platform, not a gun.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 6:04:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...One is the above mentioned belt fed system by Lakeside Machines.  There are some guys getting good results with their new Razorback upper and a trip added to the bolt.  ...

I wouldn't consider this an option because I checked and for full autos they don't sell the LM7 anymore which means you have to find a used one and from what I see they are going to cost you over $1,250 for just the upper and not guarantee it will work and then you still have to purchase the new bolt and belts.  (This was information from a post on their web site.)

I am looking to get a package deal where it is basically plug and play (full auto or semi bolt included) along with a few mags and/or drums and possibly miscellaneous parts for under $1,000.

(I am still working on a letter to send out and hope to have it completed by this weekend. )
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...One is the above mentioned belt fed system by Lakeside Machines.  There are some guys getting good results with their new Razorback upper and a trip added to the bolt.  ...

I wouldn't consider this an option because I checked and for full autos they don't sell the LM7 anymore which means you have to find a used one and from what I see they are going to cost you over $1,250 for just the upper and not guarantee it will work and then you still have to purchase the new bolt and belts.  (This was information from a post on their web site.)

I am looking to get a package deal where it is basically plug and play (full auto or semi bolt included) along with a few mags and/or drums and possibly miscellaneous parts for under $1,000.

(I am still working on a letter to send out and hope to have it completed by this weekend. )

Sounds great.  Let us know what you find out.  The new CMMG auto kit looks like a winner.

Link Posted: 1/6/2011 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I am totally cool with the CMMG solution and would be happy to buy that upper.  Don't discount the Nordic Component though I sent a link about.  Their uppers run pretty much 100% in semi from what I have read and they are testing/completing their sear trip bolt right now.  Tim was very responsive to the questions I asked him about the M16 option.  A group purchase might be just enough to get that rolling.  I have no affiliation with any company so whatever works I am good with.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I already have a home built upper that runs great from mags/drums, although ammo dependent I have to use Aguila Super Max ammo, that's $311 shipped for 5k rounds.  I would consider going in on a group buy for a belt fed 22LR.

Also I would like to point out those prices you are talking about are for the more expensive LM7 which isn't made anymore.  There is the Newer Razorback, that runs $695 with a 50 round belt in semi auto mode.  I have been looking at this one for awhile so that is the last price I saw before he recently sold out.  Also Amphibian(sp) on the boards here has succesfully added a trip and I believe uses a Razorback upper with his M16.  I think the auto trip would only cost at max another $25 more to the price, and since this would be a pakage/group buy you could probably get one of those 500 round belts thrown into the package too.  Or look at doing a complete package with the loader also.

Link Posted: 1/6/2011 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Great idea...I would be in for a full auto cmmg evolution upper.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I already have a home built upper that runs great from mags/drums, although ammo dependent I have to use Aguila Super Max ammo, that's $311 shipped for 5k rounds.  I would consider going in on a group buy for a belt fed 22LR.

Also I would like to point out those prices you are talking about are for the more expensive LM7 which isn't made anymore.  There is the Newer Razorback, that runs $695 with a 50 round belt in semi auto mode.  I have been looking at this one for awhile so that is the last price I saw before he recently sold out.  Also Amphibian(sp) on the boards here has succesfully added a trip and I believe uses a Razorback upper with his M16.  I think the auto trip would only cost at max another $25 more to the price, and since this would be a pakage/group buy you could probably get one of those 500 round belts thrown into the package too.  Or look at doing a complete package with the loader also.

If there were a trip available, I would be in for a Razorback.  I don't know that I would be up for trying to roll my own.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#22]
If anyone's interested I got a great condition LM7 and the new Razorback bolt that I don't use. It does run good with the new bolt but I don't like loading belts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 6:01:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

If anyone's interested I got a great condition LM7 and the new Razorback bolt that I don't use. It does run good with the new bolt but I don't like loading belts.

How much?

Link Posted: 1/7/2011 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is the quote directly from my post on their web site:

The original LM7 is no longer in production, but there are some units still for sale if you look for them. The Razorback is not offered as a full auto compatible unit, although some folks have successfully gotten them to work with their RR lowers.
Eric does not support this unit as a FA capable upper, so you're on your own if you wish to buy one for use on a FA lower.

Since we all work with computers we all know what the phrase "...does not support..." actually means.

Granted Eric will do the trip for you only if you send him the lower.

Trust me, if that was actually the price for a .22 full auto belt feed upper AND it actually worked for everyone and had the reliability of what we hear from the non-belt fed uppers I would gladly ping them about a deal.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

How much?

$1550 shipped with the new razorback auto bolt.

Mods please delete this if I'm violating posting rules.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 11:24:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like a good idea. Appreciate the leg work. Would be in for the right price and upper.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 4:52:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Updated original post with new information.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:03:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Someone else started a new thread about the full auto sear trip parts in the CMMG section in the industry tab.  CMMG are saying now they will launch those parts at Knob Creek now along with their new magazines.  I ended up buying one of their 16" uppers, which is at Tornado right now getting cut down.  It ran perfect out of the box in semi.  I have ordered the Spikes sear trip kit I will try when I get it back until the CMMG kits are ready.  Would have preferred a group buy, with a short barrel, and FA parts but I will get there the hard way I guess.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top