Ok:

Proof of it being an M16A1:

How it looks just before having a little fun at The Range:

Suppressed with a Tac-16

With its 11½ HBAR

Link Posted: 2/11/2011 9:29:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jhud] [#3]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
I am suprised at how many $10,000 M16 lowers have $500 stock plain jane A2 or CAR uppers on them. It seems to me if you can swing 10 large for a RR then you should have no prob dropping 1-2 more for Larue/DD/KAC/BCM goodness. What gives?

Nah.. All that stuff is not a requirement for spraying copper coated lead..
ATAS is over rated.
Well. here is mine in basic simplicity. well, all but the XS same plane rear sight and front tritium night sight... And the gasbuster to bust that "gas in yo face"

Link Posted: 2/11/2011 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 2/18/2011 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/28/2011 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 3/3/2011 1:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 11:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
A pack of post samples.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Jhud where did you get that shorty upper with the triangle hand guards? I have been looking for one just like that for over a year.

Andre

Link Posted: 3/24/2011 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got a new DD 10.3" barrel

This is with the 14.5"

This is with the newest upgrades Magpul BUIS, Mako Folding forward grip, a new BCM BCG and the DD CHF 10.3" barrel

Link Posted: 6/6/2011 12:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sigtac] [#12]
Ok so this thread was an inspiration and I haven't seen any new posts for a couple months, so I took a quick photo and here is my piggy bank savings.
It originally came with a 14.5" barrel which I took off and replaced with a 10.3" Colt barrel. I am building another upper with the 14.5. ALL Colt and a lot of fun. Finish is excellent and it shoots great.

Link Posted: 6/8/2011 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sigtac:
Ok so this thread was an inspiration and I haven't seen any new posts for a couple months, so I took a quick photo and here is my piggy bank savings.
It originally came with a 14.5" barrel which I took off and replaced with a 10.3" Colt barrel. I am building another upper with the 14.5. ALL Colt and a lot of fun. Finish is excellent and it shoots great.

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad163/ps90s/DSCN3414.jpg
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad163/ps90s/DSCN3417.jpg

Looks great! Good on you for not bastardizing the lower receiver with KNS pins and Magpul stuff.
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 86HMMWV:
Looks great! Good on you for not bastardizing the lower receiver with KNS pins

I like many others that use KNS pins, realize that we are protecting these M16's for future generations.  If you are going to shoot it, use KNS pins, it's CHEAP insurance!!!

Link Posted: 6/8/2011 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Shermantor-AR15:

I like many others that use KNS pins, realize that we are protecting these M16's for future generations.  If you are going to shoot it, use KNS pins, it's CHEAP insurance!!!

I don't own an M16 (hope to someday), but if I did, I personally wouldn't shoot it enough to justify them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 10:46:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tony_k] [#16]
Link Posted: 6/8/2011 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/9/2011 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/11/2011 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#19]
If you realy want to own full auto weapons that bad join the military become and armorer ( so you know what you are doing), retire after 20 years pay about $1500, for licenses and class 2 SOT, rent a building and shell out a couple thousand dollars for inventory and become a machine gun manufacturer. Then you can own all the NFA you want. BTW the police dept and the MIL defend us so I dont mind paying taxes so that they can keep us safe at night. Back to the M16 pics I was enjoying them I will post mine when complete. I just got my class 2 SOT looks like its M16 time

Originally Posted By Sigtac:
Originally Posted By JoseyWales25:
Originally Posted By patriot93a3:
It's a department issue, does it count

http://i55.tinypic.com/110vccn.jpg

LMT Guardian 10.5"

Gotta love this country.  Law Enforcement is exempt from unconstitutional NFA laws AND those citizen taxpayers whose rights are infringed, get to flip the bill for the post 86 firearm the citizen taxpayer could never legally own.  Makes your stomach turn.  Something has gotta change, quickly.

Always some begrudging person like you to come along and post a snide remark.  While I understand where your coming from and I would love for everyone on this forum, myself included, to be able to purchase a FA, I don't see it happening anytime soon.  That being said,  I'm out every night along with thousands of other officers across the country, trying to make our cities a better place for people like you to live.  Does it really irritate you that bad that we are allowed to carry something that you don't own or can run down to the LGS to purchase?  Since you nor I can buy a FA as a personal weapon should all LEO's be relegated to carrying only semis?  We might want to apply this good idea to the military too, let's take their FA's as well while were at it.

Amen

Link Posted: 6/12/2011 9:25:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#20]

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Here's a few Group Inds.

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:15:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 86HMMWV] [#22]
Originally Posted By tony_k:
Originally Posted By Shermantor-AR15:

I don't own an M16 (hope to someday), but if I did, I personally wouldn't shoot it enough to justify them.

Well, excuuuuse me, and thank you –– as a non-M16 owner –– for telling us actual M16 owners how we should maintain our M16s. Forgive me if I do not follow your instructions.

I do happen to own them –– the one I currently own for the longest time, I purchased in 1994, and in the 17 years since then, I have put at least 3 to 4k rounds through it, each and every year. Let's see, that's 51,000 to 68,000 rounds through it. And yes, I have used KNS pins since the '90s. I bought it as a 99% ANIB Colt factory M16A1, and now ... 51k to 68k later ... it is a 96% original-finish factory M16A1.

BTW, I know that when I am lying there taking my last breath, I will not be thinking, "Oh! I wish I had not been so hard on my M16." Instead, what I'll be screaming to St. Pete is, "Don't take me yet! Let me dump one more Betamag through the '16! Or two Betas! Or more!"

Here's a pic of my "beat-to-crap, original-finish M16A1 ... with those ugly KNS pins" and my DOE upper, one of more than a dozen uppers I have used over the decades I've owned my baby:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/DOE4.jpg

Yes, it has KNS pins. And it has a Magpul grip, which fits my hand better than Stoner's one-size-fits-all original.

Your Mileage May Vary.

I sure didn't expect a snappy response like that from a moderator. I said nothing offensive to no one, so there was no reason for you to reply to something that wasn't even directed towards you with an ill-mannered post.

And, yes, my methods do vary. And congratulations on your M16 ownership. I bet you feel very special.
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/1/2011 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#24]
VERY nice collection Sig. It must have taken you a long time to get those.....................4 of only 105 made. WOW, very nice indeed and thanks for sharing the pics.

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 11:19:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By eolsen:
VERY nice collection Sig. It must have taken you a long time to get those.....................4 of only 105 made. WOW, very nice indeed and thanks for sharing the pics.

Hmmm I wouldn't mind owning number 60 as well looks clean.

Link Posted: 7/1/2011 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry, but she's a keeper. Thanks to a post by you and Tony K, I purchased this one back in Feb 2010. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get it in my hands until a week ago due to being away for work. So far, its been great and there are no regrets. Thanks again.

Originally Posted By sig-x:
Originally Posted By eolsen:

Hmmm I wouldn't mind owning number 60 as well looks clean.

Link Posted: 7/17/2011 1:31:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ReefRaider] [#27]
Now she's an M4 with a Colt SOCOM upper  I knew the day would come  I used the A5 stock so I can change her back and fourth to the M16A5.
Link Posted: 7/17/2011 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I took pics of mine this morning for a Zombie thread.

Might as well post it here too:

TRG
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 7/23/2011 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#30]

The .22 rig:

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 7:35:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TriggerFish] [#31]

“Lil Bastard” – 96.8% Colt

Link Posted: 9/20/2011 1:00:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Hope this qualifies

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 8:03:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Guess I'll put this here since I've finally got it put together.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 11:02:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#35]

Originally Posted By raysheen:

http://i44.tinypic.com/nfg0ag.jpg

Glad you finally got it!  Although, it might look better without the dueling penis lower.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 11:04:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:

Originally Posted By raysheen:

http://i44.tinypic.com/nfg0ag.jpg

Glad you finally got it!  Although, it might look better without the dueling penis lower.

Link Posted: 12/14/2011 6:49:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EagleArmsHBAR] [#37]
Christmas Cheer!

Link Posted: 12/23/2011 4:02:10 PM EDT
[#38]

LMT Guardian 10.5"

Gotta love this country.  Law Enforcement is exempt from unconstitutional NFA laws AND those citizen taxpayers whose rights are infringed, get to flip the bill for the post 86 firearm the citizen taxpayer could never legally own.  Makes your stomach turn.  Something has gotta change, quickly.

I agree 100%!  BUT, I do still feel like law enforcement should have the best of the best including full auto weapons.  I just also think it's bullshit that we have to pay, and them included for private ownership, 20 times the price for full auto.  Something is wrong.

Link Posted: 1/1/2012 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#39]

.45 DI Upper

Link Posted: 1/9/2012 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Newly acquired AR15 - also in waiting

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By collegeboy:

LMT Guardian 10.5"

I agree 100%!  BUT, I do still feel like law enforcement should have the best of the best including full auto weapons.  I just also think it's bullshit that we have to pay, and them included for private ownership, 20 times the price for full auto.  Something is wrong.

I cannot fathom a situation where LE would need an MG.

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By thebomber:

LMT Guardian 10.5"

+1

The only two reasons to own an MG are to 1) have fun and 2) achieve fire superiority on a battlefield.  If I were about to carry out a search warrant I would want a semi.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By beve:

LMT Guardian 10.5"

+1

The only two reasons to own an MG are to 1) have fun and 2) achieve fire superiority on a battlefield.  If I were about to carry out a search warrant I would want a semi.

You two are probably right about that.  I have done several M-16 demos for LE down in South Texas and most of the shooters scare the hell out of me.  Conversly I can also tell you that living on the border of Mexico right now is a crazy place.  Cartel and drug relaited violence is at an all time high.  These thugs will stop at nothing to do buisness the way they want to. I certainly would want all the firepower I could have if I was on the river, or roads patrolling every day.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By rgvwheeler:
Originally Posted By beve:

LMT Guardian 10.5"

+1

You two are probably right about that.  I have done several M-16 demos for LE down in South Texas and most of the shooters scare the hell out of me.  Conversly I can also tell you that living on the border of Mexico right now is a crazy place.  Cartel and drug relaited violence is at an all time high.  These thugs will stop at nothing to do buisness the way they want to. I certainly would want all the firepower I could have if I was on the river, or roads patrolling every day.

I believe you are looking at this with the preconceived notion that FA represents a tacitcal advantage in the field. It does not. Unless you are actively engaged in a firefight that requires suppressive fire to advance (eg bounding overwatch) or suppressive fire to retreat (eg Australian peal), FA fire does nothing other than to increase the risk of collator damage as well as waste ammo.

Controlled well directed semi auto fire is more effective than FA. Even the military discourages FA fire with gound forces other than SAW Gunners.

Link Posted: 1/10/2012 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#45]
I started a new thread so as not to rob the picture thread.
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:09:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By rgvwheeler:
I started a new thread so as not to rob the picture thread.

Link?
Link Posted: 1/10/2012 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Hey is that an old "Companion Arms" suppressor from Vector? If so, where did you find the adapter for the M16?
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 9:13:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: raznaran] [#49]
They took my M14 away on my first tour in VN. Gave me an M16.  There was a lot of criticism back in those days. Now, I have four of them in my MG collection and love every one of them.

I wanted a 416 for my collection but Uncle Sugar says no. So decided to go at it sideways. Here's some pix.

Note the four position selector with "burst" and "full". I love this gun. Setup for suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2012 5:59:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By raznaran:
They took my M14 away on my first tour in VN. Gave me an M16.  There was a lot of criticism back in those days. Now, I have four of them in my MG collection and love every one of them.

I wanted a 416 for my collection but Uncle Sugar says no. So decided to go at it sideways. Here's some pix.

http://www.meoldegunroom.com/images/nfafirearms_14884_1.jpg
http://www.meoldegunroom.com/images/h&K416%20websafe.jpg
http://www.meoldegunroom.com/images/nfafirearms_14884_3.jpg
http://www.meoldegunroom.com/images/nfafirearms_14884_4.jpg

Note the four position selector with "burst" and "full". I love this gun. Setup for suppressor.

So confused.  Is that a semi or did you modify a M16 or do you now have an FFL/SOT?
Page / 5
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top