Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 11/3/2010 9:17:13 AM EDT
Barring unforseen issues or extra bothersome government red tape, I will posess an M16A1 in late January. I have been told it is original Colt and seems to be so I am thinking I will replace the lower parts and run a different upper on it. That way I can put it back as original if I ever sell it.

With that being said, I am not seeing a lot of places that sell new Colt lower parts for the M16. Are there any other brands that would be recommended as as good or better than Colt? I already bought a set of KNS non-rotating pins for it.

Obviously I am not going to buy any of the "happy switch" pieces until I posess the registered lower. Just getting my ducks in a row as I patiently wait.
Link Posted: 11/3/2010 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Advanced Armament for M16 lower parts.  Ken Elmore.
Link Posted: 11/3/2010 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Brownell's sells factory Colt parts as well.

Link Posted: 11/6/2010 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
OK so there are no lower parts considered equivalent or better than Colt? I was aware Brownells sold Colt parts but did not know about the other place. I will check them out. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/22/2010 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I think you mean "Specialized Armament", unless Ken Elmore has recently acquired Advanced Armament Corp. which manufactures suppressors and does not sell a single Colt part. Just saying.........
Link Posted: 11/27/2010 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I think you mean "Specialized Armament", unless Ken Elmore has recently acquired Advanced Armament Corp. which manufactures suppressors and does not sell a single Colt part. Just saying.........

Yahtzee !

Link Posted: 12/4/2010 9:44:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Apex gun parts for original Colt A1 FCG $40  

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/49/products_id/1447

Also, you don't have to worry about not having any "happy switch" pieces. Your going through all the paperwork for the lower anyways.   It's stupid how scared people are about owning these "happy switch" pieces .
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/6/2010 6:32:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Apex gun parts for original Colt A1 FCG $40  

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/49/products_id/1447

Also, you don't have to worry about not having any "happy switch" pieces. Your going through all the paperwork for the lower anyways.   It's stupid how scared people are about owning these "happy switch" pieces .

Thank you for the input.

I would ask you to reconsider your thoughts on possessing a M16 FCG without legally possessing a M16 lower. I guess it is like insurance for flight instructors... if they have nothing to loose, they don't worry about insurance. If they have assets, insurance becomes a requirement. Alternately, what if the deal does not complete? You then have a bunch of parts (and money in parts) that you need to sell or let sit on a bench gathering dust.
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I just received the two LPKs I ordered from Apex.  They are, as advertised, in "excellent to new" condition.  Negligible wear on contact areas suggests they were either swapped out from factory new receivers or from receivers subjected to very minimal, or test, firing.

Sam
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Do the M4A1 uses the same lower parts as the M16A1 (and A3)?
S-H Does Apex offer only the LPK? All I saw were full kits.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like the LPK listing is gone, just the full parts kits listed now.

The M4A1 uses three position selector: safe/semi/full.  Should be able to install and use 16A1 lower parts.  

Sam
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 4:11:22 AM EDT
[#12]
The M4A1 uses the same parts as the M16A1.
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 12:26:34 AM EDT
[#13]
What are "happy switch" parts/
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 4:34:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#15]
As some may have noticed, I have my new toy.
Since it came with an entire DoubleStar M16 LPK (including the fire control parts) is there any reason I should not use them to replace the original Colt parts? I could go out and buy all the Colt pieces but these fell into my lap so it would be nice if I could use them.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top