Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 11:24:26 AM EDT
I've seen a whole lot of price variation since i've started to look for one, whats a fair price for these? Also do they work well?
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If you break them in right, they work well. Have to start with mags before going to belts. As far as price, do you want it now, or can you wait? If you want it now, you'll likely pay $7,500-$12,000. I've sold them for between that in the last couple of months. If you can wait, I'd say wait until early next year, ARES swears up and down that all of the back orders will have been filled, and stuff will be in stock and for sale. Its been said that retail will be $5500 or so on the beltfed upper. I'm still not holding my breath on them actually getting this done, but I guess we'll see.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#2]
They have not filled a lot of back orders yet, but say that they will be caught up by Jan 2011, and deliveries of uppers on new orders will then begin. You can order one for $5300 by calling them. I got my call last week and an invoice is supposedly on the way. Once paid up they say my upper and spares will be to me in 30 days they say mid Dec 2010.. I am a bit skeptical, but yet optimistic.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
They won't take orders. I've tried. Until they are caught up 100%, early next year. And what was the price of yours when you ordered it? Was $5,300 the end of the ordering as far as price? I know they changed a couple of times.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]
When I ordered back in Aug 2002 the price was $2495. I don't remember the steps they made in the price over the years, but I have a preorder contact I printed with a Jan 31 2003 deadline with a $2795 price.
Ares posted this yesterday about ordering the Shrike in their updates and questions section :
"Call to order and no deposit needed. Retail price is $5300"
Delivery after the preorders are filled.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Last one i saw for sale was going for $7500. Of course there just are not that many out there for sale so it's up to the seller on how much they want to ask for it. From what I've heard they do work well. I'll be patiently waiting for ARES to get caught up and have them in stock for around $5K and then i'll think about buying one. Until then my Beta-C drums will just have to do.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top