Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 8/25/2010 3:14:59 PM EDT
Has anyone used a 4 position lower parts kit?  If so, how did it work and where did you buy it?  Does anyone know who is making them?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Tony, I had trouble finding which PhotoBucket folder I had put it in.  -TF
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually need one of those kits now. My dealer wants me to only let people shot burst with my M16 on the range if they never shoot before.
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I actually need one of those kits now. My dealer wants me to only let people shot burst with my M16 on the range if they never shoot before.

Who cares what your dealer wants......   I think it's YOUR gun so pretty sure you can handle new shooters if you allow them to shoot at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Is your dealer doing demo's with your gun?

Have your dealer get his own.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A picture is worth a thousand words ....

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/14983funswitches.jpg

That is the DPMS/TAPCO 4 way kit in the picture.

There is another 4 way kit that colt makes for their M4 enhanced, and the rotation clockwise from safe is semi, burst, auto, back to safe.  The only thing is you need to have no selector stops on the receiver to make it work.  I haven't gotten around to it, but I was going to buy a colt 4 way selector and modify it to stick out farther to clear the selector stops.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:11:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is another 4 way kit that colt makes for their M4 enhanced, and the rotation clockwise from safe is semi, burst, auto, back to safe.  The only thing is you need to have no selector stops on the receiver to make it work. I haven't gotten around to it, but I was going to buy a colt 4 way selector and modify it to stick out farther to clear the selector stops.

Here is a pic of a standard 3 position Selector next to a Colt 4-Way Selector. As you can see, the Colt 4-Way does not have much meat to it and if you mill it out to clear the selector stops it will be very thin and weak. If you are somohow going to extend it out, I guess that will work.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you are somohow going to extend it out, I guess that will work.

Yes, that is how I would do it, buy a cheap AR15 semi selector cut it off on the round part to give it enough room to clear the stops, take the 4 way take off the swich part and than weld the Semi to the 4-way switch.

Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is another 4 way kit that colt makes for their M4 enhanced, and the rotation clockwise from safe is semi, burst, auto, back to safe.  The only thing is you need to have no selector stops on the receiver to make it work.  I haven't gotten around to it, but I was going to buy a colt 4 way selector and modify it to stick out farther to clear the selector stops.

What wholesalers carry them?  I have seen a few for sale on the web but can't find them listed on any dealer sites.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
TonyK I know you hate the DPMS/TAPCO 4-way, but FWIW, SAW carries the colt four-way, you can't get much reputable than that LOL

Do a search for 4-way here: http://www.specializedarmament.com/index.php?
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 8:38:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn Tony way to break it down.

I get to shoot at my dealers range for free and play with all his toys. He dosent care what I shoot or do but it's been 3 times now people that have shot my M16 that hit the cable line so we couldn't move the target anymore. It's no bigge to me I can just slap it on one of my shooters if it makes him happy.

Iv tried the load 2-3 rounds in a mag and also warn shooters to let go of the trigger if it starts climbing but for some reason they can't. Hate to admit it but most of people I let shoot my autos are family.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#16]
For anyone intrested I found a few of the Tapco kits for sale at Impact Guns. I called and ordered two sets over the phone to male sure they were in stock and I think they only have a few more left. Only thing is guys they will require you to fax or email over a copy of your form 3-4 or a FFL.
http://www.impactguns.com/store/BP-09A.html

Now I gotta run and hide before Tony beats me with his stick of knowledge again.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top