Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 11/1/2009 4:31:47 PM EDT
I plan on stripping and throroughly cleaning/lubing it.  Besides this, Is there anything else I need to do before I take her to the range?  Do you run the bolt wet?  what lube/grease do you guys use?  Anything else I need to do before I open her up?  thanks in advance.  I'll post pics as soon as I get her!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this a new weapon?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
As always, thanks for your expertise Tony...and you are correct.  This is a low round-count M16.  While I'm replacing the springs, should I replace the trigger, disconnector and hammer as well (with quality replacements from SAW?)  Or, would this be overkill?  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're running an M16 spare parts are needed, especially to help with diagnostics if it doesn't work.  At a minimum:

Complete bolt assy.
Split pin
Recoil spring
Gas tube
Gas tube roll pin
hammer and spring and pin
disconnector and spring and pin
trigger and spring and pin
sear and spring and pin
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top