Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 4:46:51 AM EDT
Will my ramped Rock River Arms 9mm bolt carrier work in an M16?  Or is there a F/A bolt carrier out there, that I need to buy? Also what mag block would you recommend, to use in an M16?  I want to shoot both 5.56 and 9mm in the gun.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:24:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The Rock river 9mm bolt should work fine in an M16. In mag blocks, I'd recommend a VM Hy-tec that uses unmodified Uzi mags, or a Hahn that uses Colt mags.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Oly style uses a bolt & carrier

Colt style has a bolt.

Just being technical.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Technical is fine with me...."if I can keep up"??!! It will be Colt style. I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a full auto bolt, that I need to purchase. I was thinking about the Hahn block. My RRA mag block works fine in my 9mm RRA SBR, but I have heard that people have good luck with the Hahn blocks. Thanks for the posts!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Just wanted to make sure. Thanks again for all your help and expertise!
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top