Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2008 3:00:50 PM EDT
I was wondering if a RDIAS will work in an Armalite/Eagle Arms Lower Receiver.  I have the oportunity to obtain one really cheap, but would only want it if it will accept a RDIAS.  The lower would be an investment for the future, in hopes that I can someday afford to buy an RDIAS, if they are still available.  Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 2:05:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
BTT

I was wondering if a RDIAS will work in an Armalite/Eagle Arms Lower Receiver. I have the oportunity to obtain one really cheap, but would only want it if it will accept a RDIAS. The lower would be an investment for the future, in hopes that I can someday afford to buy an RDIAS, if they are still available. Thanks for your help!

What are really you fishing for? An AR (RDIAS) as an investment is a joke.
Link Posted: 12/15/2008 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If you could afford a legal, transferable RDIAS any lower would be pocket change.
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Armalite / EA receivers all have a high shelf.  This would need to be machined down.

But if it's a "good price" I'd jump on it anyway.  

Is it legal to machine the shelf of a lower down?  I am wondering if that would be considered "manufacturing"?  If it is legal, who would I go to do it?  I'd like a professional job done, not just some guy with a dremel.  Is there a good company that does this kind of work, or do I just find a gunsmith?

Merry Christmas!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Any lower can be modified to except a RDIAS.  Check in the Class III discussions.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The Armalite / EA receivers all have a high shelf.  This would need to be machined down.

But if it's a "good price" I'd jump on it anyway.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]
You really do not have a clue what you are asking or talking about. Your question has already been fully answered.  Forget about it...  OR buy any lower you want to shoot for fun or an "investment"  IF there ever comes a time that you can afford ($12,000+) or even acquire a RDIAS the specific lower that will accept it will be a nonissue.  You can mill LEGALLY any lower to accept a RDIAS and it has nothing to do with making a MG.  That only occurs if you drill for an AUTOSEAR which is not a Registered Drop in Autosear.  OK?
Link Posted: 12/25/2008 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys.. just an idea...

maybe our friend just find somebody who really legally own a RDIAS, but has no idea of it's really value, and is ok to sell it at a very cheap price..

I know it's a low probability situation, but who knows..
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#9]
what the heck is goin on here?  Does anyone else feel like their taking crazy pills by reading this.
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was wondering if a RDIAS will work in an Armalite/Eagle Arms Lower Receiver.  I have the oportunity to obtain one really cheap, but would only want it if it will accept a RDIAS.  The lower would be an investment for the future, in hopes that I can someday afford to buy an RDIAS, if they are still available.  Thanks for your help!

just buy the lower and shoot it.  upon buying your NFA transferrable RDIAS .. take it and your gun to either the dealer you bought it from or an SOT smith and have them fit it together!  

NO worries!
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#11]
my armalite lowers are all "high shelf" so they wouldn't take a RDIAS out of the  box.

After you pony up the $12k for a RDIAS, have a smith open up the armalite receiver for $50.

As to investment - the RDIAS is an investment. The lower, well, you never know with the new oval office.
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 4:08:52 AM EDT
[#12]
If the question isn't already fully answered, look in this thread for more info.  Bottom line: it's perfectly legal to modify a lower to make an RDAS fit.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top