Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2008 3:56:23 PM EDT
I recently came into some extra cash and was considering adding another MG.   Only one I have currently is an M11/9 w/ a Lage upper, and despite the lack of places to shoot rifle-caliber f/a anywhere in my immediate area, some sort of M16 makes the most sense to me and I believe an RDIAS would give me the most flexibility...   I've been trolling the for sale boards, and while I see lots of guns posted for sale for notably less then the last time I looked, I've noticed a decided lack of RDIAS's listed.    Maybe it's just coincidence, but have these so far been immune to the economic downturn?
Link Posted: 10/29/2008 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen several go on sale recently, but they still seem to be in the 12-14K range. On the other hand, I've seen some non Colt RR's going for 9-9.5K. I'm not sure the DIAS sear is worth that much extra.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 6:18:51 AM EDT
[#2]
RDIAS prices have been pretty steady, but since so few come up for sale it is hard to compare them with the rest of the market.  There was one for 11.3K recently, but I believe it was an aluminum/steel vice all steel unit so that would account for about $500 of price difference.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 8:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
It is hard to reconcile paying $11.3K for a registered metal widget when a registered full auto rifle is available for $12K and I have seen others for sale at similar prices.  It is really hard for me to understand and I have been in the NFA owners game since 1986.
Link Posted: 10/30/2008 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I paid 12.9K for my Broadhead steel DIAS this spring. I also know that Slug-o just sold his DIAS on the EE for 14K with a host weapon.

Erick
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#5]
people want the DIAS more than registered recievers because you can put it into a new weapon and drop it into any of your existing AR15 rifles.

There are a lot of people who own AR15 rifles before they got into NFA weapons.

A RR can be had for 9.5K when a DIAS is almost always arround 13K
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top