Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Posted: 9/24/2006 2:29:14 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you contact Colt?  They have a full-time historian and for a fee they will do a historical research letter for you.
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I am too kind of interested in this..
Looking to get a FA M16,and seeing a model 614 as a good deal at the moment..

These were Air Force guns i understand? And what was the deal WO the forward assist?

Thanks for any info..

Brenden
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:15:37 AM EDT
[#5]
MP,
    As of the last time I checked, Colt will not research their FA rifles for individuals.

Doc,
   As long as "CONSENT TO DISCLOSURE" (box #9) on the F4 was authorized, you should be able to get the info from BATFE NFA Branch yourself. If Authorization was not given, you can get the info once the NFA transfers to you. Do A FOIA request on your rifle once the transfer goes thru for a hard copy of the date it left Colt.
    All Colt barrels I have seen are marked somewhere. Are you sure the bolt was marked "MPC" and not just "MP" in large font? Post some pics of the bolt & carrier assembly when you take possession. Also, tell us what type spring guide or buffer you have in your rifle, an Edgewater type or rifle buffer with dark plastic tip. Many of us are interested in info on the older Colt FA rifles.

HTH,
                                                 Carey

Edit: Doc, Congrats on buying a nice piece of Colt AR15/M16 firearms history!

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top