Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2021 4:36:46 PM EDT
Gun is a Powder Springs GA frame.  Apparently beating the hell out of itself.  Who is known for repairing these things?
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sam at Practical Solutions is your guy.

I probably should do that with my M10 too.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sam at Practical Solutions is your guy.

I probably should do that with my M10 too.
View Quote

+1! Sam is the premier Mac style receiver Smith with over 20 years of experience. Great work and very reasonable prices.

Scott
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious to see some photos if possible.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Some Powder Springs MACs lack reinforcement tabs. If your receiver doesn't have them, Sam can add them as well. However, you will need an upper receiver which has a narrow trunnion that will fit the tabs. Also, some non-RPB upper receivers lack the additional plate on the bottom rear which prevents up and down play in the back. You can make a shim to tighten up the tiny gap between the receiver and the stock block if you happen to have such a receiver. Also, use the largest diameter take-down pin you can find.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 5:53:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is nothing to see. He fills in the holes with weld using the same steel,  redrills the holes and refinishes the receiver. The process is putting back a couple thousandths of material in the receiver fire control holes and/or front pin holes.

Scott
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll try and post some, but imagine the upper receiver can walk the receiver pin forwards or backwards during firing about a 1/16", with commensurate peening.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an "original" (as in not finished by SWD) Texas MAC.  I sent it to Sam for, among other things, re-welding the tac welds used by Leatherwood and installing the extra reinforcing tabs in the front pin hole.  My pin hole wasn't egged out but I wanted to avoid it happening in the future and the gun was with Sam anyway for the other work.  If you send any uppers you have to Sam he will fit them to the lower with the reinforcement installed.  Here are some pics:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There is nothing to see. He fills in the holes with weld using the same steel,  redrills the holes and refinishes the receiver. The process is putting back a couple thousandths of material in the receiver fire control holes and/or front pin holes.

Scott
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

I didn't mean the after I meant the before :)
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 11:22:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Sam and Tina are true pros.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sam and Tina are true pros.
View Quote

And really nice people.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 2:11:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Sam did a great job correcting a host of problems in my old beat up PS M10 a few years ago.

He added the reinforcement tabs, redrilled the large pin holes, repaired a cracking back plate, filled in a big hole in the bottom of the receiver, put on a vertical fore grip, repaired the wire stock, and refinished everything. In addition, he repaired issues I was having with my Lage upper (which he coordinated with Lage to fix the issues).

I bought one of his Izzy style folding stocks.

Thankfully I got the gun at a good price.

Repair cost was reasonable, and it looks like new.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 11:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Sam at practical solutions is your man. Also, when you send it to him ask him to install reinforcing tabs and machine your upper to fit. He will welt a small tab of steel inside the lower at the pin hole region to double the thickness of the steel at the pin hole. It beefs them up well. I've done it for every M10 I've owned.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

Pic's stolen from GB:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
He does GREAT work on UZI's also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top