Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2021 5:48:48 PM EDT
I have a Powder Springs M10 in 9mm… finally retrieved it out of jail.. it came with some blued magazines and I purchased some factory mags also. When shooting the SMG  the newly purchased mags had FTF’s 100% of the time.  It seemed as if the recoil springs did not have enough power to strip off a round.. I tried this with the factory upper as well as my Lage upper.. in every instance to older mags with a high glossed blued finished worked 100%..The newer Parkerized mags failed every time…

The feedlips don’t seem perceptively different..any suggestions?  I guess I could try to find someone to refinish a couple of mags with a slicker finish.

I did not download the mags to 10 rounds to see if a reduced spring tension would resolve.. that’s my bad

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Can’t use GG Mags.. it’s a 9mm
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I know this doesn't help....

But, send it to Sam at Practical Solutions for an Uzi mag conversion.  Uzi mags are cheap, easy to get, and the gun will run like a top.  Sorry, I know that doesn't help, but the 9mm M10 mags are expensive and hard to get and there is no cheaper option.  The conversion only costs a few 9mm M10 mags in value anyway.

I am so happy with my M10 Sam converted to Uzi mags I sent the other one to him for conversion last week.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But, send it to Sam at Practical Solutions for an Uzi mag conversion.  Uzi mags are cheap, easy to get, and the gun will run like a top.  Sorry, I know that doesn't help, but the 9mm M10 mags are expensive and hard to get and there is no cheaper option.  The conversion only costs a few 9mm M10 mags in value anyway.

I am so happy with my M10 Sam converted to Uzi mags I sent the other one to him for conversion last week.
View Quote

actually, it’s good advice… Uzi mags are cheap and plentiful… for the cost of a conversion, I could probably sell my M10 mags..

I’ll do some research on Uzitalk.  I had an M11/9 with a Sten mag conversion that I had to sell to pay for my sons college years ago… it worked quite well..
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't see a pic of mag catch slot. Are they in same
Location?
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

This,

My first MG was a M10/9

And with the Uzi conversion from Sam it is a dream
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The only real downside to the Uzi Mag Conversion, other than the cost and the wait, is the fact that Uzi .45 mags are expensive and hard to come by.  That is really only a downside if your M10 was a .45 that used fairly inexpensive and easy to get M3 mags.  Both my M10s had .45 mag wells so I lost the ability to use M3 mags.

For someone coming from a 9mm mag well M10 the Uzi grip is more versatile because you can actually use .45 ACP uppers once the conversion is done.  Promag makes .45 Uzi mags that seem to have a good reputation, but I haven't tried any yet.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 1:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't see a pic of mag catch slot. Are they in same
Location?
View Quote

Yes they are... Here is another photo. It seems like to bolt binds on the mags with both the factory and Lage upper.  I noticed on the older mags that work, they are more worn on the top.. So I took one of the newer mags and sanded the top of the feed lips, taking a teenie bit off, then it worked.  I am not sure it the mag catch is positioning the mags too high or what... On a side note, Sams conversions really don't seem that expensive for the money and it would give the flexibility of using a 45 upper (albeit with expensive mags).  Would it be a correct assumption that his conversions would not impact my ability to use a Lage upper?  I cant see why they would. My Mac is a Powder Springs MFG if that makes any difference

Thanks

Link Posted: 11/16/2021 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The Uzi magwell conversion has the Uzi mags sit higher.  The bolt needs to have deeper channels for the higher Uzi mags. Either Sam or Richard can modify the bolt for the Uzi magwell conversion, whether the bolt is a factory style or Lage bolt.

Scott
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Uzi magwell conversion has the Uzi mags sit higher.  The bolt needs to have deeper channels for the higher Uzi mags. Either Sam or Richard can modify the bolt for the Uzi magwell conversion, whether the bolt is a factory style or Lage bolt.

Scott
View Quote

Thank you…
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#12]
You might have to cut a different notch in the spine of the magwell to get the correct height to feed from the other Parked mags.

FYI  - I have done some modifications of CZ23/25 9mm mags which seem dimensionally similar to Walther MPL mags.  You have to remove some material from the back and cut a notch If your able to use a dremel tool it can work good.

The mags I got from Sarco were a little rough and rusty but cleaned up good - But hard to know as I kept ordering the condition seem to vary.
For $8 I'm not complaining.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/cz23-cz25-40rd-magazine/

Link Posted: 11/17/2021 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Converting my Mac 10 to take uzi mags was one of the best things I have done. Sam did a great job and now I can swap magazines between my Mac and my uzi.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#14]
FWIW..... I have a bone stock M10/9. Those parked mags will not feed just like you said - not enough power to strip a round. I have several zytels that I use and they work great.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 1:19:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd suggest moving to the uzitalk mac 10 talk section. They helped me immensely.

What worked for me was I took light sandpaper and polished the feed lips after some tugging / adjusting with pliers. I have a MAC 10, which ran great with stock mags, but needed tweaked mags so the cartridge sat higher and pointed flatter / more directly into the chamber.

When you post on Uzitalk I would also attach pictures of the exact FTF. For example, is it getting hung up at the top of the rim / pig nosing, bottom of the rim, etc. The angle of the misfeed matters, but it's a 99.9999999% chance that the problem rests in the magazine.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...My Mac is a Powder Springs MFG if that makes any difference

Thanks
View Quote

If your Powder Springs M10 isn’t an RPB “overstamp” (no RPB stamp on the left side of the frame), then it is a bit of a collectible, and I personally wouldn’t modify it in an irreversible manner.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:14:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Echoing what everyone else has said, the best thing I did with my M10/9mm RBP/PS double stamp was to have Sam convert it to take Uzi magazines.

Link Posted: 1/6/2022 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Actually if you got one to work by removing material from the feed lips that's normal.
Almost all new mags will need to be worn in. There is a difference between Mac 11 and Mac 10 9mm mag height.
There is a mag catch to fix or cut new slot in mag.
But I don't think that is your problem.  Look at  the original plastic mag.
There is 2 notches one for m11 one for m10.
I think you just have the normal clearance problem of a new mag. Now there is a double feed 9mm bolt and a single feed bolt but that would be obvious interference.
Get a lage 10/31 upper and be done with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top