Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2021 4:12:57 PM EDT
What can you guys tell me about the Fleming M10-22 upper for MAC10. From what I can see it uses ruger 10-22 mags.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#1]
As I have no personal knowledge, I suggest that you make your inquiry on the Uzitalk.com website in the "MACTalk" forum. It's the first place I generally go for any Ingram pattern submachine gun related information.

Best of luck.
MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
They use 10/22 mags and seem to be unobtaium. Seems like they either work or don't. People that have the ones that work seem to love them and the ones that don't work get sold to people that make them work and then hang on to them.

I'd love to have one for my M10.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 7:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Fleming M11/9 kit which is pretty much the same thing mechanically.

The are really simple, direct blowback uppers that use Ruger 10/22 magazines that feed from the left side of the upper receiver.  The selector switch still works so they will shoot semi or full auto.

Mine was purchased long before Lage existed and during the ban years so we were stuck with the preban high capacity mags that existed at the time.  

My Fleming M11/9 kit was pretty unreliable until I opened up the ejection port so brass didn't bounce back into the receiver, replaced the extractor spring, added the Fleming "backpressure" adapter (which was really just a barrel extension), and added a fixed ejector to the upper (vs. relying upon the Ruger 10/22 mag built in ejector)

Once I got it running it was actually pretty reliable.   My M11/9 for probably the better part of a decade was dedicated to the kit and it was my primary go to .22lr machinegun after trying both the M16 and AC556 without as much success.

I eventually got a Norrell pattern 10/22 and that was the swan song for the Fleming kit on the M11/9 and its been in a box for years and the M11/9 went back to 9mm form.

Here it is in all its early 2000s  era glory with a "preban" $150 Ramline 10/22 50rd magazine.

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one that runs reliable with a suppressor and cci high velocity.
Will not run any other way. Lead round nose won't or hollow point.
Very picky on mags too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2021 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I have an M10-22 upper... and it works!

What all do you want to know?

Suppressed Full Auto Fleming 10-22 at Night under NODs - Accuracy by Volume!
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to the uzitalk forum and sold it there. Thank you gents for all the info.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVlXJXZ8AP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGtQxQ_FsA4
View Quote

Nice vids. The smiling faces tells all!
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What can you guys tell me about the Fleming M10-22 upper for MAC10. From what I can see it uses ruger 10-22 mags.
View Quote

I knew Bill Fleming back in the 80s and 90s. I remember talking to him about these- he said they ran but I believe these were developed after his felony  and that although he designed them "his son did the testing". Others have told me that they didnt work well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I knew Bill Fleming back in the 80s and 90s. I remember talking to him about these- he said they ran but I believe these were developed after his felony  and that although he designed them "his son did the testing". Others have told me that they didnt work well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a buddy whose dad was big in NFA during the same time lived in Tulsa so naturally he knew Bill.  Ironically I work less than a mile from Bill’s house now.  From my understanding his “son did the testing“ on many things that passed through the shop after that whole debacle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly, it doesn't seem to work very well at all. If I had that many failures, I'd either fix it or dump it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Honestly, it doesn't seem to work very well at all. If I had that many failures, I'd either fix it or dump it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It works much better now. Lots of tweaking and polishing. Gotta keep it lubed and clean it after maybe 3 mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top