Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2021 8:16:19 PM EDT
He lists on Gunbroker.  $3200 order placed 5 months ago with a quoted and discussed 6 week lead time. Have not received any of my mounts, only to be given excuses every month or so about him being sick or it too hot for him to work.

Asked for a refund 3 weeks ago, he agreed to send one. Money never showed up so I emailed again today to inquire and his response was "I had to finish your order instead but got real sick with a nasty fever this last week and are just finally getting over it but feeling very weak right now so I will be back in the shop by the weekend if the heat gets down below 100. Will be sending out your stuff this coming week."

Same excuses he's given before, even though he promised a refund, not sure why he said he would finish the order.

Has anyone ever actually received anything from this guy?
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#2]
This sounds like so many deadbeats before him, and none ended well. He shouldn’t be offering anything if he can’t deliver. The fact that he’s giving you all these why-he-can’t details is weird and ominous.

Definitely call credit card co and open dispute, as mentioned, there is a ticking clock to this. That may well be his motivation here, run the clock out.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
He would not take a credit card, I paid by check
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He would not take a credit card, I paid by check
View Quote

What’s his feedback?  He have any non GB website?

Smells like you’re prolly fucked
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What’s his feedback?  He have any non GB website?

Smells like you’re prolly fucked
View Quote

A+ on gunbroker, and several people have received their orders and left feedback well after mine.  Apparently this is a common thing with him as others on different boards have had the same experience.

He is now saying I welched on the deal, left him high and dry, and owe him for material costs
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm seems like your cancelled check should set him straight?  Tried calling the guy?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Try canceling the check with your bank.

I used to manage a payday lender / check cashing place. You would be shocked. I had one check return over 6mo after it was negotiated due to theft/fraudulent instrument.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought a mount from Rich at Belt Fed Shooter off gunbroker for my 1919 maybe 2ish years ago.

If my memory serves correctly I was quoted a month lead time but it ended up maybe being 2 to 3 months or so.  I had read about his reputation online before I bought the mount and that his quoted lead times could be "optimistic" and it was best not to get sideways with him.......but that if you were patient he would eventually deliver a high quality product.

I don't recall any reports of him outright scamming people out of money but that he could take up to a year to deliver product.

The 1919 mount I eventually received was extremely well crafted as reports online has also stated.    He was also friendly when I talked to him and asked him for the green paint brand/color he used (which he provided to me) so that I could fabricate a stand up tripod base and paint it to match the mount he made.

Its unfortunate in the custom gunsmith world that its more the norm than the exception that lead time are usually highly optimistic.

Coming from the HK world...I am used to waiting 6 months to a year (or more) for stuff to come back so Rich's performance in my case may have been a couple of strokes better than par.

Good luck with your situation and I hope you either get your mounts and/or your refund.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Update: after threatening to sue him he finally sent a refund. Fingers crossed the check clears.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#11]
He built custom stuff for me a few years ago.
Quality is very very good.
Took longer than expected both times.

Sorry to hear about your issues, but sounds like
Train wreck outcome was avoided…

Matt
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#12]
He was great years ago but turned into a guy that had lots of excuses.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:06:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Update: after threatening to sue him he finally sent a refund. Fingers crossed the check clears.
View Quote

@Green_Label did the refund check settle ok?
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Green_Label did the refund check settle ok?
View Quote

Yes it did!
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 12:01:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I am glad that your situation was resolved. I have an awesome mount from Rich, but had the same experience as many and possibly paid more in patience and frustration than money. In the end I got mine, but wished it could have been a better experience. He is an excellent builder of these components, but poor estimator of delivery timeframe and his justifications are very frustrating for his expectant buyers. Maybe he could find a partner or apprentice, maybe that would help the situation.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I got really lucky and managed to find one of his mounts off of Gunbroker....and for only $900!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got really lucky and managed to find one of his mounts off of Gunbroker....and for only $900!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/282730/1919_jpg-2155963.JPG
View Quote

Looks great , I’m glad it all worked out for you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top