Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2016 2:51:31 PM EDT
I've got a M11/9 with a lage upper and a lage .22 conversion.   The way the conversion works is the .22 barrel inserts through the 9mm barrel.   Muzzle of the .22 barrel is pretty flush with the end of the stock Lage birdcage flashhider.

I don't own a full auto-rated .22 can (yet).   But I do have a 9mm can (not full auto-rated, but still).   What I'm wondering is:

A.  Will the Huntertown 9mm can stand up to at least short bursts of .22lr?  Or more?

B.  If it will, is there some other reason that I haven't thought of why I shouldn't shoot .22lr through my 9mm can?

I do have a silencerco Sparrow in ATF limbo.   But I'd have to make an adapter to make it work with the threads on that 9mm lage barrel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've got a M11/9 with a lage upper and a lage .22 conversion.   The way the conversion works is the .22 barrel inserts through the 9mm barrel.   Muzzle of the .22 barrel is pretty flush with the end of the stock Lage birdcage flashhider.

I don't own a full auto-rated .22 can (yet).   But I do have a 9mm can (not full auto-rated, but still).   What I'm wondering is:

A.  Will the Huntertown 9mm can stand up to at least short bursts of .22lr?  Or more?

B.  If it will, is there some other reason that I haven't thought of why I shouldn't shoot .22lr through my 9mm can?

I do have a silencerco Sparrow in ATF limbo.   But I'd have to make an adapter to make it work with the threads on that 9mm lage barrel.
View Quote

I have a m11/22 lage upper that was extended out and then threaded for an 1/2-28 adapter that way the suppressor is on the actual 22 barrel and not the 9mm barrel.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a m11/22 lage upper that was extended out and then threaded for an 1/2-28 adapter that way the suppressor is on the actual 22 barrel and not the 9mm barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neat.  Can you show me a picture?   So the .22 barrel insert sticks out from the 9mm muzzle a little bit?

Who did that for you?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea ill get you a picture tonight or tomorrow. I bought it off the EE that was but i believe i was told tornado technologies did it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:07:57 PM EDT
[#4]
bump?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Should have no issue shooting 22 through a 9mm can but it will need cleaned likely.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I doubt you are going to have any problems with your proposed setup, but I also doubt anyone will warranty that setup.

Threading the .22 insert is probably a better plan.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks, that's an interesting setup.   So you sent them your .22 barrel, and they threaded it and sent it back along with that threaded extension, right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks, that's an interesting setup.   So you sent them your .22 barrel, and they threaded it and sent it back along with that threaded extension, right?
View Quote

I bought it used. I believe tornado technologies did the work.

Just went and found the ad where i bought it TROS did the work fwiw.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#10]
there are a couple of threads over at uzitalk regarding this subject. here's one:
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?78961-.22lr-suppressed-upper/page2&highlight=22lr
and another:
http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?82087-Thread-my-.22-barrel-for-m-11-kit
this is my M11/nine with lage 22 kit threaded and the 9mm barrel shortened by mike at USMG.
http://tinypic.com/r/6r0w88/9
http://tinypic.com/r/vo3lp3/9
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:56:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I used the same kit with my 9mm thompson sg can, I just let it stick into the can and it worked fine for me, the 9mm hole was big enough that I wasn't worried about baffle strikes, and honestly don't know if the soft lead would even ding my can, they get so dirty that it's hard to tell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top