Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2015 2:01:01 PM EDT
Looking to pick up a 9mm MAC-style SMG. I would likely want something I could use with a Lage upper conversion but still run as a traditional MAC

#1 It has to work. I don't want a brand/make/model known to have chronic issues.

#2 Magazine availability. Nothing more frustrating than to own a gun that you cannot get mags for.

#3 9x19mm. I am not really into .45.

So what brand/make and model should I be looking for?

Thanks for any and all opinions
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Powder Springs MAC-10 in 9mm.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
MAC 11/9
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a RPB/PS MAC-10/9mm and I love it.

However, if you want the most versatile  MAC, you want a M-11/nine.

ETA:  Thanks for not being me up on on my typo.  I saw it when I came back to this thread.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

However, if you want the most versicle MAC, you want a M-11/nine.

View Quote

What mags do they use and are they readily available?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed.  

On the left is my SWD M11/nine sporting the MAX31 upper. The MAX11 upper is next to it. Not shown is the MAX11-22 kit that runs well in the MAX11 upper.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are several choices, but for new, reliable mags, Shockwave mags work well for me, WAY better than the super tight fitting zytel mags that came with the gun originally.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There are several choices, but for new, reliable mags, Shockwave mags work well for me, WAY better than the super tight fitting zytel mags that came with the gun originally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If considering a M10 verses a M11/9, the mags are a toss-up.  RPB makes new manufacture double stack 30 round magazines for the same price that Shockwave makes magazines for the M11/9.

Upper receivers are the deciding factor.

You cannot get a Lage M-31 upper for the M10.  This allows you to use Suomi drums.  There really isn't a good .22 LR conversion upper for the M10, although I do think that Practical Solutions and Lage are working on one, or have had limited runs of production.

One thing is certain-- when the new products from Lage or Practical Solutions are first released, it will be for the M11/9 first, then offered for the M10 and MAYBE for the M11/.380 if they are successful.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]
M11/9.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#9]
M11/9, more options on uppers. Currently you have the Max-31 and the Max-11. The Lage 22 kits are also a plus. The shockwave Z-Mags work really good. The Max31 takes Suomi drums.

The only reason I would consider a M10 would be to convert it to 9mm and have the 45-9mm caliber conversion option (m10/45 I'm speaking of) but I'll tell ya:
I can't afford to feed my 9mm subguns as much as I would like. To heck with a 45!

I'm gonna throw this out there. Maybe it's out of place, but I have to say it. You may consider a BRP Stemple tube gun, like the U9 or 34k for the same price range. When I say price range I mean M11/9 plus all the Lage upgrades.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#10]
At least from how I read the OP, I bought a RPB M10 that has the Uzi grip modification.  Great mags including the Beta C drum (I just ought one).  The mags are cheap, easy to find and easy to load.  The Lage products aren't as easy to come by for the M10.  But they have made the Mark 2.

Scott
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 2:21:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
M11/9, more options on uppers. Currently you have the Max-31 and the Max-11. The Lage 22 kits are also a plus. The shockwave Z-Mags work really good. The Max31 takes Suomi drums.

The only reason I would consider a M10 would be to convert it to 9mm and have the 45-9mm caliber conversion option (m10/45 I'm speaking of) but I'll tell ya:
I can't afford to feed my 9mm subguns as much as I would like. To heck with a 45!

I'm gonna throw this out there. Maybe it's out of place, but I have to say it. You may consider a BRP Stemple tube gun, like the U9 or 34k for the same price range. When I say price range I mean M11/9 plus all the Lage upgrades.
View Quote

I primarily went with the MAC-10/9mm for the purpose of doing a Uzi grip modification (which you can't do on a M-11/9) and putting a Lage upper on it.

Funds and a recent exploration of converting Suomi 36 round magazines has had me side-tracked.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the responses! It has helped me edumacate myself and prompted me to do more homework before I spend NFA money on something.

I want to pay the right amount for the right gun.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the responses! It has helped me edumacate myself and prompted me to do more homework before I spend NFA money on something.

I want to pay the right amount for the right gun.

View Quote

Isn't that what we're here for?

Take your time, do the research and once you make the final decision - post pics and video. Enjoy yourself.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just to be clear, the Shockwave mags work in the Mac 10/9mm version? Reason I'm asking is because I have a M11/9 and the Shockwave mags run great in that so it would be nice to have a gun that uses the same mags. Also, is there a Lage upper for the M10/9?
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:32:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just to be clear, the Shockwave mags work in the Mac 10/9mm version? Reason I'm asking is because I have a M11/9 and the Shockwave mags run great in that so it would be nice to have a gun that uses the same mags. Also, is there a Lage upper for the M10/9?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not know about the new SW mags, but yes Lage does make 10/9 uppers I have two. They run great.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]
What value (I know, sorry for asking) would any of you put on an absolutely never been fired (since leaving the factory) in the original box with the original wrapping Powder Springs MAC-10 .45 made in 1973? The gun is in perfect condition with no rust and has just recently come out of its protective paper wrap for the first time in probably 40 years. The seller wants a bit of a premium for the condition.

What is it worth?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What value (I know, sorry for asking) would any of you put on an absolutely never been fired (since leaving the factory) in the original box with the original wrapping Powder Springs MAC-10 .45 made in 1973? The gun is in perfect condition with no rust and has just recently come out of its protective paper wrap for the first time in probably 40 years. The seller wants a bit of a premium for the condition.

What is it worth?
View Quote

5500ish?  Not an expert, but thats my guess based on my research in the MACs recently.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#18]
You want an M11/Nine as has been posted earlier. Shockwave make the new mags that work great.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#19]
m11/9 with lage max 11mk2 or 31 with shockwave mags. They have 32 rounders as well as 50, or you can use Suomi drums with the 31. Check out Lage Mfg for all the goodies available then make your decision.

M11/9 are going from 4500-5500 depending on model, accessories, etc. If it is new in box, you will probably need to do some tweaking to get it to run right, especially if it is a 86 gun. Check out subgubs, sturmgewehr, and the Mac section at uzitalk.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 10:04:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
MAC 11/9
View Quote

This.

Buy a used one that comes with as much extra stuff as you can get.

While you wait for your stamp, get on the Lage list for a MAX-31 mk2 or a MAX-11 mk2. Worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

What is it worth?
View Quote

Compare to this.  $5500
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=25538&query=retrieval

Saint Peter
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Compare to this.  $5500
http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/index.cgi?db=nfafirearms&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=25538&query=retrieval

Saint Peter
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is it worth?

Compare to this.  $5500

Saint Peter

Damn, Im good at estimating
But as other guys have said, if going the Mac route, lean towards the M11/9 for options.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Are the SWD 9mm guns good to go?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#24]
SWD is the only maker of the M11/Nine. Good to go and if anything is wrong, they can be readily repaired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top