Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2012 8:47:07 AM EDT
I need help.

I bought a Mac 10/45 with a lot of spare parts, mags, ect and I have few questions.

The Gun.

6 unmarked Mags

9 NIW mags

GL is for Guide Lamp??

Again GL and the same number

pair of mag pouchs

w/star of David

info on the back

Factory Mags with the same GL and number. I know they took GG mags a moded them.

rear of a unmarked Mag

side of unmarked mag

Rear of what I think are GG mags that I had already

Side

paper that came with What I think are GG mags

Factory Manual

My 1982 Mac 10/9 stock on left and the 19XX stock on right

Beefy lock mech over the 9mm vers.

spare upper, barrel, sling and loader

Also not pictured is a Mini Uzi Stock like bottom Mac 10 in this photo

So Does this gun take Modded GG mags, or was the gun Modded to take un-modded GG mags?

Thoughts on the mag pouches with the SOD on them.

Any other thoughts or points I should look at?

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The pouches look like post war GG pouches; Korean War Issue maybe? The "Star Of David" deal is just the brand of fastener and nothing to do with Israel or the IDF, since i doubt they used Grease Guns.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#2]
pull the mag catch. Odds are it has two notches, to catch both modded and unmodded mags. That's what I use.

Factory mags are simply GG mags that have a small amount of material milled of the back bottom reinforcing plate.

I'm at work now, but can get pics tonight. Basically, hold the factory, and a GG mag next to each other, and look at the back.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The pouches look like post war GG pouches; Korean War Issue maybe? The "Star Of David" deal is just the brand of fastener and nothing to do with Israel or the IDF, since i doubt they used Grease Guns.

The GG pouches do look too good to be WWII.

nothing would surprize me as far a the IDF. I have a few Sten Mags,with a SOD. one had a Star on the Follower, spring plate, and mag base. And the Sten its self had a Star on the buffer tube cap.

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
i *think* the "unmarked" mags are sten mags
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:17:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

pull the mag catch. Odds are it has two notches, to catch both modded and unmodded mags. That's what I use.

Factory mags are simply GG mags that have a small amount of material milled of the back bottom reinforcing plate.

I'm at work now, but can get pics tonight. Basically, hold the factory, and a GG mag next to each other, and look at the back.

I can not look at the gun its at the dealer.

I tried to look for the difference but, i can not find any.

Maybe the GG mags I bought last year were in fact modded GG mags. I got a box of mags for $10 at an auction and 6 "GG?" mags were in the bottom.

if you can take a photo that would be great.

Oh do Mac 10/45s like lead bullets? how about SWC??

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

from the photos its hard to tell but they are not Sten mags.

I will snap a photo.

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
if you can take a photo that would be great.

Oh do Mac 10/45s like lead bullets? how about SWC??

If they were modded, it will be visible. With the low price of mags, no one bothered to mill or grind the mag, then reblue or repark.

LRN seems to work fine, truncated cone not so much. Depends a lot on the mags. They get beat up over the years, and the lips do take a beating.

I have a factory mag, some modded mags, and some unmodded. I'll try to get a pic tonight, and a pic of the catch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ok Sten 9mm on left and 45acp on right

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup those two on the left are STEn mags.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's what I've got:
From left to right
Factory Cobray mag, Modded USGI mag, USGI mag, new manufacturer GI style.

As you can see, the factory mag has a crimp where the mag catch goes. The modded mag has the whole area milled away.
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:15:53 PM EDT
[#11]
modded mag catch, with two engagement surfaces

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you,

One more thing, What is the distance from the Bottom of the mag to the mill point?

Quoted:

Here's what I've got:

From left to right

Factory Cobray mag, Modded USGI mag, USGI mag, new manufacturer GI style.

http://i44.tinypic.com/nxl6ah.jpg

As you can see, the factory mag has a crimp where the mag catch goes. The modded mag has the whole area milled away.

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the whole batch should  be shipped to me for proper
Disposal so your not endangered by those silly pieces of steel
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think the whole batch should  be shipped to me for proper

Disposal so your not endangered by those silly pieces of steel

Good try Cali.

You can not have cool things.

Link Posted: 3/1/2012 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you,

One more thing, What is the distance from the Bottom of the mag to the mill point?

according to my POS made in china mic.... approx 0.1. I'm getting from .098 to .112.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 2:39:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you,

according to my POS made in china mic.... approx 0.1. I'm getting from .098 to .112.

Thanks again Nam

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Nam thanks again.

Shot the 45 today. It ran GREAT!! 360rds 100% in both Suppressed and unsurpassed with Factory FMJ and my reloaded lead SWC.

I could not be happier.

I brought 4 mags, 3 factory and one of the GG. After the GG mag did not fit . In the sun I could see the mill work done on the Fac mags and not done on the GG mags.

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice M10. Looks like a RPB Mfg. type.

I have had trouble with lead bullets leaving lead in the barrel. But if you found a lead bullet that works for you, go for it.

The M3 mags will work perfectly after modification. A milling machine or even a dremel tool will make fast work of those mags. The early M10 type mags were all modified from surplus M3 mags. The modifications were visible and not well finished.  I have seen some later cobray marked mags that were made specifically for the M10 and showed no signs of modification.

Link Posted: 3/4/2012 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Nam thanks again.

Shot the 45 today. If ran GREAT!! 360rds 100% in both Suppressed and unsurpassed with Factory FMJ and my reloaded lead SWC.

I could not be happier.

I brought 4 mags, 3 factory and one of the GG. After the GG mag did not fit . In the sun I could see the mill work done on the Fac mags and not done on the GG mags.

No problem!

Some prefer to mod the mags, I opted for the mag catch. It's not that pricey. I have a factory 10 round mag, and a few modded mags. just didn't want to go through the hassle of having to mod all the mags. Easier to grab and go. And when you find decently priced GG mags, no need to worry if they're modded.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 3:32:45 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nam thanks again.

Shot the 45 today. If ran GREAT!! 360rds 100% in both Suppressed and unsurpassed with Factory FMJ and my reloaded lead SWC.

I could not be happier.

No problem!

Some prefer to mod the mags, I opted for the mag catch. It's not that pricey. I have a factory 10 round mag, and a few modded mags. just didn't want to go through the hassle of having to mod all the mags. Easier to grab and go. And when you find decently priced GG mags, no need to worry if they're modded.

Where did you pick up the double mag catch?

And what is a good/fair price for Mac 10 mags and GG mags? And does Blueing vs Parked make and price difference?

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 4:27:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And what is a good/fair price for Mac 10 mags and GG mags? And does Blueing vs Parked make and price difference?

I thought I had purchased it from Cobray.com, but don't see it listed anymore. If you do order from Cobray, they are VERY slow. I used to live an hour from their location, and it took over a week for me to receive my parts. They refused to let me pick them up in person.

As for mags, I haven't purchased any recently. There was a company making brand new ones a few years back, I think for $30 a piece. The lips on mine did need to be bent a bit to work properly. Surplus mags are hit and miss price wise. I think if anything they have gone up.

Both parked and blued work for me, with a slightly higher failure rate with the parked ones.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 5:09:14 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I had purchased it from Cobray.com, but don't see it listed anymore. If you do order from Cobray, they are VERY slow. I used to live an hour from their location, and it took over a week for me to receive my parts. They refused to let me pick them up in person.

As for mags, I haven't purchased any recently. There was a company making brand new ones a few years back, I think for $30 a piece. The lips on mine did need to be bent a bit to work properly. Surplus mags are hit and miss price wise. I think if anything they have gone up.

Both parked and blued work for me, with a slightly higher failure rate with the parked ones.

Yup on the prices only going north. I am Happy with 21 Mac mags and 6 GG mags but if I find a deal I will not turn them down.

I have been called a mag whore, I have 86 Sten mags with two Lanchester mags, 56 Uzi, and over 100 Ar mags +1 beta mag.

Link Posted: 3/5/2012 5:28:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yup on the prices only going north. I am Happy with 21 Mac mags and 6 GG mags but if I find a deal I will not turn them down.

I have been called a mag whore, I have 86 Sten mags with two Lanchester mags, 56 Uzi, and over 100 Ar mags +1 beta mag.

I keep an ammo can full of them. They are pretty durable..the only problems I've had were related to worn springs or feed lips. Both fixable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

RPB Industries (MAC Parts)

NEW Modded GG MAGS
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RPB Industries (MAC Parts)

NEW Modded GG MAGS

thanks

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top