Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2011 5:43:03 AM EDT
I am about to order a tripod.  I was wondering why the tripods here are so much cheaper than everywhere else.

Rguns

It looks like the T & E is missing.  Would I be further ahead to buy this then find a T & E for it, or buy a complete tripod?

Also, what is the best adapter for adapting a current issue .30 caliber ammo can to the side of the gun to hold the belts?
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
it all depends on what kind of tripod you want ( low mount like an m2 or a "aa" one)... there are alot of china made ones that are good alot that are weak..... the one from rguns for 250 is an "aa" tripod and the t&e you would buy would have to be a "aa" tripod t&e.... it all depends on how you are planning on shooting the 1919..... look at beltfedshooters store for options, all their products are built to last (i have no affiliation with them) and they have alot of adapters for the ammo cans..... have fun and always remember to head space before shooting.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#2]
An interesting fact about mounts for belt-feds is that there's a great degree of interchangability when it comes to mounts for guns with Maxim ancestry. That is, Maxims, Vickers, and Brownings –– regardless of country of origin –– will fit on each others' mounts. Your M1919 gun will work on an M2 lowboy tripod, an M1917/M1917A1 watercooled tripod, a Vickers mount, even a Sokolov Russian wheeled mount or a Maxim sled mount. Use whatever is available at the current lowest cost. A couple of years ago, there was a glut of Sokolov mounts on the market. You don't need a Russian Maxim in order to use one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The MG42 AA tripod is a inexpensive way to mount just about any gun.   But you are going to need some sort of an adapter to mount a 1919 to this tripod.  As mentioned earlier, BFS makes several different adapters for 1919's to mate up the MG42 tripod.  They also have the Cadillac of adapters, that mount ammo cans, collect your links and also collects your brass.  Check them out.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the repro tripod/pintle/T&E kit from SARCO for ~$400.

It works fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The MG42 AA tripod is a inexpensive way to mount just about any gun.   But you are going to need some sort of an adapter to mount a 1919 to this tripod.  As mentioned earlier, BFS makes several different adapters for 1919's to mate up the MG42 tripod.  They also have the Cadillac of adapters, that mount ammo cans, collect your links and also collects your brass.  Check them out.

This is the way to go. I have an MG42 with a BFS adapter and an original tripod. The originals are too low to the ground for easy shooting.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:16:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an original M2 and T&E as well as a Vickers tripod.  I prefer the Vickers for shooting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 6:35:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a few of the mg42 AA tripos, I really like them. The ground mount is not comfortable to shot unless you use a table to set it on IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Bren tripod with a home made adapter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top