Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2010 4:50:48 PM EDT
I want to swap out my 7" for an 11" bushmaster upper.  How do I get the 5" flashider off my bushmaster barrel?  I don't see any welds to grind or file off is there some sort of JB weld or something on the threads?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
pics?
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]

=

Link Posted: 6/5/2010 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
the flash-hider is pinned from both sides at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock.  You can grind down the flash-hider with a fine grit stone until you can see the outline of the two pins, then drill them until they spin.  The pins should fall out with a tap on the opposite side.  I have had to split the flash-hider where the threads are in the past to break it free.  Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top