Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2009 6:27:08 PM EDT
Before I start the paperwork process for an AR SBR, I thought I would get everyithing done for the receiver all at once.  I'm looking for an FFL that has a quality Lower in-stock that does SBR engraving and can do Duracoat/Gun Kote/ Cerakote.  Any outfits out there that can do all three and ship to my FFL?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Quentin Laser in Gilbert, AZ.  They do all of those things and have lowers in stock.  If they don't have the one you want, they can get one.  They are also working on their own billet line of lowers (Quentin Tactical), but they won't be out for months.

Quentin Laser

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd engrave it first.  Engraving is going to mess-up the Dura-Coat.

And, I wouldn't engrave it until I had an Approved Form 1 in hand.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I had both of my SBR lowers engraved before I got the stamp back
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd engrave it first.  Engraving is going to mess-up the Dura-Coat.

And, I wouldn't engrave it until I had an Approved Form 1 in hand.

the important thing is to have the lower fully assembled first to make sure it is in spec and everything functions correctly. I'm not sure you would want to find out otherwise after the form has been approved and had the lower engraved.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top