Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 5:08:55 PM EDT
I'm currently trying to save up enough to get a transferable MG. Anyway I found a Transferable .223 Polytech that was converted by SWD... And I was wondering, how is the quality of their conversions? And for that matter, how good are full-auto .223 Polytechs?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 3:05:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I had purchased a transferable NIB SWD Polytech AK in .223 box for $1,600.00. Ran like shit. The back of the casing always broke off and the piece was stuck in between the firing pin and bolt. So I sent it out (forget who) but had it rechambered in 7.62 but was an ugly conversion. Than I had heard Florida Gun Works had the last Bulgarian Krink parts kit for a grand. Everyone said to stay away from them,. but within 4 days had my kit and was in perfect condition. I shipped the kit and gun to "In Range" and Troy performed magic. Of all my Mg's, M-16' Mp5' etc. The AK will be the one I take...As they say on Gangland, this is my chopper!

Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:07:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I had purchased a transferable NIB SWD Polytech AK in .223 box for $1,600.00. Ran like shit. The back of the casing always broke off and the piece was stuck in between the firing pin and bolt. So I sent it out (forget who) but had it rechambered in 7.62 but was an ugly conversion. Than I had heard Florida Gun Works had the last Bulgarian Krink parts kit for a grand. Everyone said to stay away from them,. but within 4 days had my kit and was in perfect condition. I shipped the kit and gun to "In Range" and Troy performed magic. Of all my Mg's, M-16' Mp5' etc. The AK will be the one I take...As they say on Gangland, this is my chopper!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2uenz2a.jpg

$1,600? WOW you must have bought it at least 15 years ago... The one I was looking at was $12,000.

Anyway, I guess you're saying that my best bet would be to buy it and have it converted with a parts kit?
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it was in the early 90's and HK sears were $375.00 each, anyway you my find that AK will run-shoot fine with Wolf steel case .223.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 5:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yeah, it was in the early 90's and HK sears were $375.00 each, anyway you my find that AK will run-shoot fine with Wolf steel case .223.

Good luck!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Not trying to be a smartass but making an AK select-fire is as easy as drilling the holes for the safety sear and fitting a trigger group and bolt with trip.  In a milled receiver gun the only thing to look out for is that the right side-rail has been notched for the trip lever rather than just cut away.  In the stamped guns there is the added concern that the trigger group pin holes are dimpled for extra support rather than just drilled through the thin steel plate.  I've never tried it but from working on more than a few AKs I'd bet the holes could be out by 2mm in any direction and the thing would still run.  Any problems your specific gun had would probably be quite easy and cheap to fix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top