Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:36:02 AM EDT
Yeah, if I could invest in anything, I'd buy a super nice FA Thompson or an MP-5 or something.  But I don't have that kinda $.  If I got a 6933 it would be a safe queen, and I might consider selling it in 5 or ten years (keep the SBRs that I shoot).  I know that a D Pres. and D Congress will probably pass a ban.  But I don't want to jump on the fear bandwagon yet.  Even if no ban is passed, would this be a good investment?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I wouldn't think of investing any money into guns right now.  Just think, if Obama and company want to pass a law that mirrors Commiefornia's law, your 6933 will be worth nothing as it cannot be tranfered to anyone.  Then again, looking at the market, I would almost say that it is a good investment as you will always have something tangible and an AR15 cannot go bankrupt leaving you with nothing.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I think buying any gun for an investment is a bad idea.  We never know what the future holds for us.  I typically don't buy any gun that i do not want as a shooter.  There are too many unknowns when it comes to firearms.

That said, i own an le6933.  It is a great gun.  I bought it a couple years ago for 1299.  Like Tony said, in today's market i could sell it for a profit because of the run on all black rifles.  However, i like it too much to let it go.  It isn't worth getting rid of for the extra couple hundred i could get for it today.

A few months ago I almost pulled cash out my 401k that was loosing money to buy 12 colt le6920's.  But i chickened out.  The reasons were because i knew it would be hard for me to let them go to actually make a profit, i also knew if i bought 12 guns and then later started to sell them i could get in trouble for selling without an ffl and lastly i was too concerned that O would ban transfers and i'd be stuck with them––-not that that would be a bad thing but i could never get my retirement money out of them.  So, i just restructured my 401k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top