Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2008 2:03:15 PM EDT
Sorry for the crappy pic; I only had my cell phone available to take a picture.

Remington Model 11 12 ga shortened to just longer than the magazine tube. I'm thinking of having the shop thread the barrel for choke tubes while the transfer drags on.  And i plan on putting nicer wood on it.  Might make a great turkey gun.

Link Posted: 11/8/2008 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it garenteed to run? Seems as though some guys have a hard time getting these to run with out alittle tuning. I though about F1ing mine a long time but the reliablity issues scared me off.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is it garenteed to run? Seems as though some guys have a hard time getting these to run with out alittle tuning. I though about F1ing mine a long time but the reliablity issues scared me off.

The shop I bought it from is the shop that built it. They guaranteed that it would run with all sorts of normal loads and not require that I run high-wall brass or express loads for reliable function.  If it doesn't work right it will keep going back until it does; I have no issue making them stand up to their guarantee.

It was only $300, so it's not a huge investment, even with the transfer, but I can easily be well more than $300 worth of PITA if it doesn't work
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
should be a fun gun, we will expect a range report. Enjoy
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 2:05:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I can dig it.

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 2:27:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have almost the same thing.

I have Browning Auto-5 with a 13" barrel, threaded for choke tubes.

These guns run fine: they arn't gas guns. I think the right term is "recoil operated".
I have fired mine with a mix of low base birdshot and heavy loads of buckshot in the tube at the same time and it runs fine.

I had my stock cut down a lot also. I think the stock is like 12" from a tape measure on the trigger guard. I will post a picture of it when I get home. It is a very cool looking gun. The barrel is cut off behind the cap on the end of the magazine tube.

Here is a picture of it before I got the stock cut down:

FWIW, the shotgun next to it is my Remington 870 SBS with a 14" Vang Comp barrel on it.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Dealer turned out to be a flake.  Se http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=17&t=260138
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Just make one yourself on a Form 1.
Do the paperwork yourself and cut the dealer out of the loop. You don't need them.

If you need a gun to make it from, I have a spare Remington Model 11.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top